The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Bad news regarding D'Youville

Bad news regarding D'Youville

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,614
The rate is $75 per event. So assume we go there 25 weeks out of the year that adds up to $1875 annually. Thoughts?
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,043
I was just curious. I expected it would be too much, but at least it's not as nonsensical as UB.

Note that if you're looking, you can get 6 foot folding tables like mine at Aldi's right now for $30-35. I'd also be willing to lend out my tables if someone wants to vouch for them. I don't expect that either is a great answer, but it's good to know the options.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 298
The rate is $75 per event. So assume we go there 25 weeks out of the year that adds up to $1875 annually. Thoughts?
Ridiculously high for us. Unless we run bi-weekly Magic tournaments!
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,229
Thoughts?
You can buy a lot of games for $1875.... (including a lot of games OF 1875)
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 229
Sheesh, might as well pay a bit more to rent a Buffalo Boardgames Meetup loft apartment with booze and illicit gambling.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 807
Sheesh, might as well pay a bit more to rent a Buffalo Boardgames Meetup loft apartment with booze and illicit gambling.
My friend, that's the kind of talk I like to hear!
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,615
Well Joel's prices for UB are a lot more reasonable. I could get updated pricing from UB and perhaps see if D'Youville has a rate for booking a certain number of events.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,814
That's too bad.

We should approach D'Youville and volunteer to run a game night "for the students". smile

Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 742
Should rent space from the Foundry.
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,044
Que?