The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › October 9th Games

October 9th Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,331
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

Please note that for the time being we have moved back to the 3rd floor of Baldy Hall. Same location as before, only the tables and chairs are a lot nicer.

Slot 1
Batman: Gotham City Strategy Game - Mike - 2 seats open - (Mike, Joel)
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,332
How did the Atrium work out? Baldy cleared out by a little after 7.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,333
How did the Ghost Stories game go? Did Wu Feng bitchslap you guys around?
Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 376
The Atrium, if that's where we were, was fine. From what I could tell, the Ghost Story folks died a horrible death.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,668
Yeah, it worked out ok. The tables were a little small but I could see pushing two together for a big game. The natives were not happy, but also didn't threaten to call the cops. I'd say it's a decent alternative. However it's also a popular space and being so close to Tim Ho's means there's always going to be people hanging around.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,669
Yeah, it worked out ok. The tables were a little small but I could see pushing two together for a big game. The natives were not happy, but also didn't threaten to call the cops. I'd say it's a decent alternative. However it's also a popular space and being so close to Tim Ho's means there's always going to be people hanging around.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 557
So what buckets of blood, jack o lantern, ghouls and skeletons will be offered up next week?
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 851
That's a decent spot. It had real chairs, which is a plus.

We got smoked. Lost on the "number of dead villagers" game-end condition. It didn't help that I completely forgot to bring Su Ling (the beneficent white ghost) into the game until the last five minutes. There were some complaints that it's "impossible" and "not fun". I just love the art and theme so much that I don't mind getting ground into paste. Besides, if it were easy, then a victory wouldn't be satisfying at all! At least Alberto learned how the game plays ftf, so he'll be able to understand what's happening to him when he gets his butt kicked on the iPad app. Some good came from the session!
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 852
Oh, yeah. I'll try to keep it nocturnal with everyone's favorite Dark Knight...

Batman: Gotham City Strategy Game, 90 mins, 4p.
A former member
Post #: 23
Just to show my noobishness, has anyone explored using space at Dark Forest or Iron Crown?