addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Tuesdays games

Tuesdays games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 7
Since it looks like we are going to have 8 people, is the plan to split into two groups???

The only 8 player game I have is Bang! with the Dodge City expansion. (tho I could pop down to Sage's Quest and pick up Formula De if everyone is interested)

If we split into 2 groups, I will prolly bring the following (Give me some yeas or nays here):

Mystery of the Abbey

Betrayal at House on the Hill

Bang!

Tho Bobbie's Pirate game and Don's Nautilus game both sound fun...
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 12
Doug,

Yeah, tough call. I read up on all the games you listed. Formula De definitely looks cool and if you really wanted to pick it up I know that I'd be interested playing it. However, I'm thinking we should wait for other people to chime in before you make the trek to the Sages Quest. The other three all look like fun as well. If I had to choose between which one I'd like to try the most I think Bang! would be number one followed closely by Betrayal.

I'll bring Nautilus which is up to four players. I know that you wanted to try it and I know that Bobbie liked it as well. I'll also bring my settlers which can play up to 6.

I also remember a few people mention Robo Rally which I'd definitely like to try.

So my vote is for Formula De assuming that enough people want to try it and you're still looking to pick it up (don't mean to pressure you into a purchase BTW). If there's not enough interest then I'd vote for Bang!, Robo Rally, or Betrayal.

I'm thinking we need a thread for eveyone to post the games in their collection that they thought would be good for the group and a thread for people to put in requests for the next meetup. What do you think?

Don
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 8
I have Robo Rally.. Its not in the best condition, but it is certainly playable... Let me know what you wanna do, I can certainly bring that instead of Mystery Of The Abbey... Hopefully other people will chime in...
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 2
I'm all for a little of everything. I'll bring dread (4), phantom menace monopoly (8), anf ticket(5). so if each of us covers a variety...I do also have apples to apples crate edition that lives in car - you can play up to 15 on that.
I am most interested in trying betrayal and settlers, but i will try anything once.
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 5
Well, as it turns out, I forgot that we have to take our dogs to the vet on Tues at 6:30. So, we won't make it out there until about 8:00. I'm hoping that would be in time for whatever the second game of the evening is. I may also try to move up the appt but am not hopeful that will work out.

Just thought I'd post it here too, in addition to changing my RSVP, so that you all can plan on 6 players for the first game.

arielmt
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 1
Kevin has Formula De, so there is no need to run out and buy it for this week. I'm working on trying to get him to inventory all of his (our) games. I'll have him bring Formula De this week, but head this warning: Kevin doesn't particularly like people eating when they're playing HIS games. He's has some bad experiences where games were lost due to food/drink being spilled on them. Personally, if everyone is careful, I'm sure there won't be a problem. He's beginning to loosen up.

I just don't want Doug running out to buy a game when someone in the group has it already. It probably will be worth purchasing, but don't you want to play it before you buy it?smile
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 7
I'm also most interested in trying Betrayal at House on the Hill or Mystery of the Abbey. Formula De also looks fun. I know Storm's picks would be Betrayal or Formula De.

I'm also more than happy to help Don teach Settlers. wink I have the German version for up to 6 players and can bring that, though I suspect people will prefer Don's English version. Really, the only thing in German is the development cards, so it's not that big a deal.

I also have Munchkin, a Steve Jackson card game that can be played with 6 (though the BGG site says 8). I've only played it once... it was fun and hilarious, especially if you have any kind of role playing (Talisman playing, or medieval character building game) background.

However, as I said previously, we probably won't be there until the second game, so it's either split into two groups or play the big game at that point. Anybody have a cell number I can call on Tuesday to get an idea of how time is playing out for the group? That way, I'll know whether or not I'll make it in time to join the second game. Please let me know by email: arielmt at hotmail dot com. Thanks!

arielmt
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 10
OK, looks like of the ones that I mentioned bringing, Betrayal at House on the Hill seems to be the winner, so I will bring that. It is, however, only for 6 people. So if we want to play that when the full group gets there we will have to split. In my experience the games usually last about an hour or so, but the game is VERY volitile time wise. I've had some last 30 mins and one lasted almost 2 hours so its a bit hard to judge. It really depends on the scenerio.