addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Games of Interest

Games of Interest

Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,530
I thought I'd start a thread on new games that might be of interest. These are games that most likely have not yet been released, or newer releases that sound interesting enough that you would or will most likely purchase simply because it looks and or sounds awesome. Feel free to add to this post when something comes along that you just gotta have love struck
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,531
A few games on my radar that look unique and interesting to me that I will most likely be purchasing are.......

Mondo - a Michael Schacht animal game with three levels of difficulty that sounds like fun.
Uluru - one of the podcasts I listened to made it sound interesting.
Strasbourg - another Stefan Feld release that was the 3rd nominee in the Kennerspiel Des Jarhes.
Quarriors - a dice building game (similar to deck building) that includes 100 dice.
Confusion - 2 player deducton game that has some cool looking components.
Small World Underground - A stand alone game with all new races and powers.
Norenberc - a worker placement game with cool looking components and a neat mechanic.
Pantheon - dunno much about the game but the artwork looks cool.
Crude - (aka McMulti) a reprinting of an economic game which has been highly sought-after.
The Adventures... The Pyramid of Horus - game two in what might turn into a series of stand alone games based off the original.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,670
I'm looking forward to Uluru and Small World as well. Other games that I'm thinking of buying.

A Few Acres of Snow- French and Indian War game by Martin Wallace. It sounds pretty cool but I've got a poor track record of getting two player games to the table.

Upon a Salty Ocean- Rio Grande game about fishing and getting salt to preserve the fish. I don't know much about it but I'm hoping it's Deadliest Catch for tall ships.

Star Trek: Expeditions: It's a Knizia Co-op. I get burned every time I buy a game for the theme.

Knock Your Blocks Off: I think it's the board game version of that game at Dave and Busters that gives you all the tickets.

Eclipse: Sci-Fi euro that's supposed to be a shorter version of TI3.

The Impossible Machine: Sounds like a fun filler.

2019: The Arctic: Political/Exploration game.

The 1830 remake.

Arctic Scavengers: It sounds like a Dominion like game about a new ice age.

Black Gold?: Not sure of the title but it's the remake of Giganten.

The maker of Kingsburg have a new game coming out but I forget the title and there is a Western game that I thought looked pretty cool. (I don't remember the title of that one either.)

I have no room for any of these but I'm sure I'll get at least one or two.biggrin

Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,532
Wow... I'm usually up on the "to be released" titles but I haven't even heard of half of those.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,672
Most of them aren't out yet. I was looking at a couple of 2011 release geeklists.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 546
Sign me up for Quarriors, Crude and Eclipse.

Summoner Wars Master Set - I've enjoyed the few games of SW I've played, and this looks like a real value deal.
Innovation Expansion - I don't own Innovation, but I like it. I want to see where they go with it.
Catacombs Expansion - See above.
Urban Sprawl - Ryan will buy it. Designer of Dominant Species makes a game about urban planning. He also has a DS card game in the pipe. LOL
Space Empires - 4x game from wargame publisher GMT.
The Ares Project - Rob seems excited about it.
Age of Steam - I'm sure I'll get a couple of the Essen maps. smile

Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,533
Oh, Mike still plays games? I haven't seen you around in so long I thought you retired from gaming.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 547
Oh, Mike still plays games? I haven't seen you around in so long I thought you retired from gaming.

Y'know, Rodney, let me tell you something. I was going to make a bunch of wisecracks about your list, but I decided not to. I'm trying to be more positive these days. And now you come at me like this...

Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,534
I do hope you know I'm just kidding. I also understand that sometimes life does get in the way and we can't always make it gaming each an every week. I do enjoy gaming with you and hope nothing serious has happened that has caused you to be away for so long.

Did you get the Horned Rat expansion for Chaos in the old World yet? I've got it and would like to give it a try if you're up to it sometime in the future.

Oh and by the way, feel free to make wisecracks about my lists or my obsessive compulsive behaviors when it comes to purchasing new games biggrin the first step in therapy is admitting I've got a problem <g>.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 548
I've been a little burned out on gaming. Also, I've been having car problems for over a month. It's frustrating. I think I may be turning the corner on both, though. smile

Yeah, I'm definitely going to pick up the Horned Rat. I'm waiting for the Summoner Wars thing to come out before I place an order. Should be a couple of weeks.