addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Games of Interest

Games of Interest

Bob T.
user 2281115
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 79
Mike, I thought your list was great. We luv you, man.

Looking forward to A Few Acres of Snow, myself.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,540
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,827
That ninja game looks awesome...
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,542
Panic Station (it just sounds cool)

Panic Station is a paranoia-driven partly cooperative game in which you control two characters in the Extermination Corps sent out by the government to investigate the presence of fiendish alien life forms.

Players need to move both their Androids and Troopers through the base, exploring and gathering equipment that will help them to complete their mission: to find and destroy the Parasite Hive hidden somewhere in the inner depths of this hell. When a player manages to get his Trooper into the Hive location and play three gas can cards to fuel his Flamethrower, he wins the game for the humans.

However, one of the players is a Host. He must keep this identity secret, infecting as many team members as possible to gain allies and prevent the humans from completing their mission. Only players who carefully watch the behavior of team members and find a good balance between cooperation and paranoia will stand a chance against the infected players and roaming parasites.

The game uses a unique exponential traitor-system and combines tactical play with a compelling psychological mindgame amongst players.

Panic Station is a game of growing paranoia in which no one can truly trust anyone. Can you maintain your sanity and destroy the source of this evil?
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,543
K2

How come I'm the only one showing interest in new games? Shouldn't I be passed that stage by now? biggrin
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,829
Panic Station sounds really neat also, Rodney.

K2 looks a little dry and bland to me. The theme seems a bit thin (tho not as much so as Bridge Trolls)....
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 425
Rodney, it looks like Ninjato will be available at GenCon, only 50 copies though. I agree with Doug Ninjato looks very good.
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,027
K2

How come I'm the only one showing interest in new games? Shouldn't I be passed that stage by now? biggrin

I'm trying not to look too hard at new games because I can't buy any right now. Plus, there's about a zillion that you've gotten in the last 6 months that I would love to try.
Bob T.
user 2281115
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 90
How come I'm the only one showing interest in new games?

A Few Acres of Snow is brand-spankin' new! I see it's out now, so I guessed I missed pre-ordering. . . Off to the Treefrog website I go wink
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,680
Some Spanish Dude's Essen List

This one may have vaulted to the top of my list on theme alone.

Chicken Ceasar--In Chicken Caesar, players represent aristocratic ancient Roman chicken families trying to create a legacy for their family name. Each family has several eligible roosters eager to jump into the world of politics, getting rich and creating a legacy by any means necessary.

Roosters gain renown for their families by occupying various political offices. Low-ranking officers don't yield much fame, but they hold both the purse strings and the power of the sword. A few roosters in the lower offices of Aedile and Praetor, together with the votes of a few well-paid (and temporary) allies, can clear a path to the luxury and recognition that come with the titles of Censor, Consul, and even Caesar.

Being Caesar isn't easy, though: fail to bribe and bargain to ensure the welfare of the whole coop and today's Caesar is tomorrow's Coq au Vin. Dead roosters don't earn points, but they do offer opportunities for their surviving relatives to exaggerate their accomplishments. All that matters, in the end, is history's judgment, and history can be rewritten.

Murder, betrayal, votes for cash, fragile alliances, and bloody vendettas will separate the legendary families from the forgotten ones in the struggle to become – and remain – Chicken Caesar!