addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Wednesday April 13th Games

Wednesday April 13th Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 14
I am definitely looking forward to Dread Pirate. I'm also looking forward to trying Robo Rally but I can wait until next time Ruth can join us for that one. Munchkin also sounded like a lot of fun.

If anyone is interested I could borrow Entdecker from my sister which is a fun 2 - 4 player game.

Don
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 11
From my colelction I could bring the following that some may have not seen:

Mystery of the Abbey -- Have played this once with 6 people and it was a good time. Supposed to be good with 4 or 5 too (5 being the sweet spot).

Quest for the Dragonlords -- I have my reservations about this game. Havent played it and I'm not sure how well it balances. I wouldnt mind trying it, however.

I could also bring back Betrayal since April didnt get a chance to play.

I know April stated that she had a whole closet fulla games waiting to come out. Whatchoo got for us, April???
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 8
Well... I have:

Talisman (3rd ed) with the City and Dungeon expansions. Up to 8 can play but it can be a fairly long game - 1.5 to 3 hours depending on the number of players and the expansions used. So, I'd really recommend that one for a weekend afternoon and for us to plan that it would probably be the only game we play that day.

Filthy Rich is for 2-5 players. This one is kinda neat. I haven't played it in a really long time but I remember liking it enough to buy a copy for my youngest brother. The "board" is unique. The BGG description is right on.

Condotierre (2-6 players) is a board/card game that has to do with capturing territories in Renaissance Italy. Fun game.

Streetcar (2-5 players) which I remember getting at the same time as Robo Rally. Streetcar got a thumbs up and Robo Rally went back to the dealer, as I told you. In this one you build a streetcar route and then have to make it through the stops in order.

Outrage! Steal the Crown Jewels, 2-6 players. I've never played this, but always wanted to. Indeed, I bought it at the Tower of London gift shop. I'd say read this very well written review and see if you're interested. On the plus side, this seems to be a fairly short game (less than an hour).

Acquire (2-6 players). This one was a favorite at my last game group. Simple to play but good strategy. I believe Bobbie said she also has Acquire.

Manhattan is a short, 2-4 player game. You build Manhattan skyscrapers with tile pieces whose placement is dictated by the cards you play. My family liked this one a lot.

I know I've previously mentioned Illuminati (2-6 players) which is some pretty wacky fun. This game is played with cards and chips representing money. Each person has a different win goal that is hidden from the other players so it usually takes a while to figure out who's going for what ending based on their play strategy. Also, the cards are hoot - very tongue-in-cheek naming and illustration based on conspiracy theories. (Though may be a bit dated now.) This game can be fairly long, especially for first-timers so I might recommend it as our 2nd game for a weeknight game night or for a smaller group at first. Illuminati was an old favorite in my former group.

I also talked about Munchkin (2-6) which is one of my more recent acquisitions. I've played only once, that was a few months ago. There were three of us, and I'd love to try it with a larger group.

Ok, that's it for today! Check my BGG collection for more. (Though I still have more to list!)

In looking back at what I wrote here, I realized that I have a lot of games that are 2-5 or 2-6 players. That's because my last group was a solid 5 with an occaisional 6th.

arielmt biggrin
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 4
Mystery of the Abbey is a great game. I have it. I played about a dozen times and its always entertaining(assuming you don't have someone who gives out false info and they are the only ones who know who did the murder - which is against the rules!!!)
Munchkin is great also.
I will bring Dread and Ticket to Ride. I do want to play Settlers. I have decided I want to play it in person before trying it on line.
I don't know if Jean can come - she has another week of Lancaster Opera House to go.shock
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 13
So far it looks like we are going to be 5 or 6... Of those mentioned my top picks would be

Entdecker (Tho it looks like we are gonna have too many peeps for that)
Munchkin
Streetcar

I will prolly bring Betrayal again (Tho a game of Citadels might be fun) biggrin
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 9
Okay, well I'll bring Munchkin and Streetcar. I've already printed cheat sheets for Munchkin (plus it seems Bobbie also knows how to play, so that's helpful) but there's nothing much online at BGG for Streetcar so I'll have to look around online to see if I come up with anything. Otherwise, I'll have to read the directions... *gasp*

Heh, maybe I'll scan 'em and post them for you all. tongue
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 14
I'll jus bring betrayal... If we have 6, that'll be a nice addition... Plus I'm sure Don's Mummy would like a second shot at whacking somebody besides me... biggrin
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 5
and once again my character will beat up the bad guy!!!! Ox just didn't have the brains in spite of Don's effort...oh well!
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 17
I'm definitely looking forward to another round of Betrayal if everyone's game. After that I'd love to try Munhckin or Dread. I also just picked up Carcassonne incase anyone is interested. I believe Doug's already owns this one, but i played it Saturday and it was a fun tile placement game.

Don
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 6
ITS HERE AND HOT OFF THE PRESS!!! Ticket To RIde Europe is in my hands and is definitely cool. Additions to play include ferries, tunnels and stations to get past those nasty blocks by opponents!!!! I will bring it!!!! Even if we just touch it, its cool - not that I like Ticket to RIde or anything biggrin