addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Doom: The Boardgame

Doom: The Boardgame

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 12
I would really like to run a session of Doom: The Boardgame at some point soon. I dont think it is terribly appropriate for our typical meetings, however as it tends to run long (4-5 hours). I have only gotten the chance to play this for less than an hour, but in that time it seemed a lot of fun. The game is limited to 4 people. I would be playing the roll of the invader and up to 3 other playes would play cooperatively to complete the mission against me. I mentioned it last night to Don and Kevin while we were playing Nautilus. Don seemed like a definate yes and Kevin was a maybe (look at the website and the BGG Link Kevin). This would probably be best done on a weekend day or evening due to the length of the game. We could host it at someone's house (mine included if you dont mind being a little cramped at the playing area), or if nobody is comfortable with that yet, at Higher Grounds again.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

--Doug
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 15
I'm a definite yes for this one. I have many fond memories of the PC game and I'd love to see what they did with the board game. Meeting at Doug's place if fine by me, but Higher Grounds works as well.

If anyone else is interested in more war-like agressive games I also have Warcraft and A Game of Thrones. I've only played each of them once, but they both looked good games.

Don
Kevin
kwojtasz
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 3
Well, I never played the computer game version but did take a look at the rules on BBG. However I can't say I was terribly sold on it. I guess 1 vs many type team games aren't that high on my list, so I'll have to take a pass on this one. Sorry.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 15
S'ok Bro... The beauty of the game is it scales to the number of players... So if nobody else is interested, jus Don and I can play... Next weekend is the UBCON and the following weekend I will prolly be out of town, but maybe the weekend after we can set up a time... Ladies, I am not excluding you, if you are interested speak up... :) Speaking of UBCON.......lemme post a new thread.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1
Doug,

I really enjoyed playing Betrayal. I was also nice to meet you. I am definitely up for playing Doom.

Joel
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 20
Good deal Joel... 3 is supposed to be the sweet spot for Doom anyways. I'll get a hold of Don and we'll arrange a weekend day or evening to play.