bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 7
I just have one question. Did April win with the chicken on her head? tongue
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 28
Believe it or not Bobbie, even with no equipment and a Chicken On Her Head, she damn near did......biggrin
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 13
I got there about 3 pm on Saturday, too late to register for the 2-6 pm session and I couldn't stay for the 8 - midnight slot. I got to watch the tail end of the Star Munchkin game that Doug, Don and Joel were in. From my brief observation, I have to agree about the GM; he seemed a bit too relaxed.

I was glad to be able to go to the common room and sit down for a fun game of Munchkin. At least I got to play something! The chicken on my head was but a minor annoyance... Quit acting like you're scared of me, Doug. tongue Despite my burdensome headgear, I'd have won if I'd gotten another turn.

On my way out the sign for the vendor room caught my eye and I thought I should check it out. This was, after all, my very first con. I ended up spending an hour or so in there. One vendor had a ton of board games and I was in full-on covet mode but managed to talk myself out of several potential purchases by repeating the following mantras:

"You don't have the time for anything new."
"Get it cheaper online."
"There's no space in the game closet until you clear it out."
"You already have many that you barely use; some haven't even been played."
"Your new boardgame partners have many games you can check out before buying."

I managed to escape the room with only a $16 purchase of the 3rd Munchkin expansion, Clerical Errors. I saw a lot of cool stuff though!

As for the prior comments about the incoherent venue, I also have to agree. SARPA should have definitely had Alumni Arena or some large central space to keep everybody closer. Hopefully, it'll be better next year and I'll have more time to spend.