addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › June 1st Games

June 1st Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 63
Man, I can't believe it's June already.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 18
I would like to suggest:

Chinatown

Frank's Zoo

When Darkness Comes

Don, the fact that it is June is a good thing. It means yet another Thought Hammer order! Coolies
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 32
I would also like to try Chinatown.
When Darkness Comes sounds right up my alley.
I would also, at some point, like to try Modern Art. It is on Scott's list and I was tempted to buy it, but if someone has it, I could try it first.
I think Frank's Zoo should be the staple we use while one table waits for the other table. Even if we only get one hand in, Scott could keep the little papers and then we can build on it the next week.(See Scott - a job!)
I would also like to do Message to the Czar. Relatively quick and definitely simple, but requires planning ahead to a point. Ofcourse, someone can screw you up (My favorite)biggrin
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 76
Sorry guys, I have yet to even crack the rulebooks for When Darkness Comes. Lets put that one on hold for a bit. If y'all need a horror fix I would be happy to bring Betrayal again.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 77
Looks like Chinatown is the big winner so far. I'd be more than happy to give it a shot or run a game opposite it. My thoughthammer order arrived so that means I have For Sale as a sideboard/filler and Scott, I have Mexica in my grubby, little hands.

As a sidenote: Bobbie, Computer version of Modern Art that teaches you to play as you go:

Modern Art
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 64
Scott, would pit be a good 7 person game for our group to try?

Anyone else who has played it feel free to chime in.

Also just read up on For Sale and that looks like a good 4-5 person card game. Lots of bidding fun and could be a good filler game.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 78
Scott, would pit be a good 7 person game for our group to try?.

I would love to try pit. That said I dont think the Coffee House would appreciate us whooping and hollaring and dinging a bell... The only obvious solution to this problem is we all show up on Scott's lawn and chant "PIT! PIT! PIT!" till he relents and lets us come in to play. Oh and Scott, munchies and drinks would be appreciated too... biggrin
A former member
Post #: 38
I love Pit. It's tons and tons and tons of fun, but I meant what I said about it being loud. Especially with that many people. Everyone makes offers at the same time, so they talk really loudly to be heard. I'd be up for trying it, though. I can't imagine that anyone in our group wouldn't enjoy it.

All the other games mentioned sound good to me. I'd like to try Message to the Czar and Mexica sometime, since I've never played either.

Modern Art is a serious brain burner. It's not difficult to learn, but it's tough to play. I'm all for it.

I also have to recommend Raj as a filler. Doug, Ruth and I played 4 rounds of it while we were waiting for Streetcar to end. It took about 45 seconds to learn the game, and you can play a round in a few minutes. We laughed a lot.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 79
So far we have:

3 Requests for Chinatown (I'm adding Don in here since he missed last week)
2 Requests for Frank's Zoo
2 Requests for Message to the Czar
1 Request for Modern Art
(I'll take a peek at When Darkness Comes, no promises)

I think I'll subject Don and Joel to Mexica on Friday night to see how long that runs.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 19
So far we have:

3 Requests for Chinatown (I'm adding Don in here since he missed last week)
2 Requests for Frank's Zoo
2 Requests for Message to the Czar
1 Request for Modern Art
(I'll take a peek at When Darkness Comes, no promises)

I think I'll subject Don and Joel to Mexica on Friday night to see how long that runs.

As far as Darkness Comes - whenever is fine by me. Do I need to bring some mayo to make the lobster salad?