The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Buy the Group a Month on Meetup

Buy the Group a Month on Meetup

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 66
Well the cost of Meetup membership is going up to $19/month. Up until now we've been able to keep the $9/month rate. I just wanted to make people aware that were planning on making a donation.

Don - May 2005
Bobbie - June 2005
Scott - July 2005
Joel - August 2005
April - September 2005
Doug - October 2005
Laurie - November 2005
Kevin - December 2005
Ben - January 2006
April - February 2006
Everyone up until this point had been giving me $10 bills but each month only cost $9 so we paid for a month here from all the change.
Spare Change month #1 - March 2006
Jared - April 2006
Brendan - May 2006
Joe - June 2006
Joel - July 2006
There was around $11 leftover from the pizza order on the anniversary celebration so add $5 from that to the last four months change of $1 per person and we get another month.
Spare change month #2 - August 2006
Bobbie - September 2006
Change from Bobbie's donation $3 plus the remainder of the pizza money $6 gives us another month.
Spare change month #3 - October 2006
Ed - November 2006
Jenna - December 2006
Dee - January 2007
Because Ed, Jenna, and Dee all gave $12 the change from their donations will pay for yet another month.
Spare change month #4 - February 2007
James - March 2007 - August 2007
Mike - September 2007
Nick - October and November 2007

Here are our newest contributions from Rodney, Mark, and Dee

Rodney - December 2007 - October 2008
Mark - November 2008 - February 2009
Dee - March 2009
And with the leftovers from the recent donations and the 3 bucks change from Mike and Nick's donations there's enough for another spare change month.
Spare change month #5 - April 2009
Bobbie - May - July 2009
Lonnie and Melodia - August 2009 - January 2010
Paul - March and April 2014

Spare change from Bobbie's donation $5

If I've missed anyone please let me know. I tried to keep a record of all donations on my palm and I'm fairly certain I have the complete list.

Once again, thanks to all of you for donating your hard earned cash and your time to our group
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 11
Kevin and I were going to do the same thing, I just forgot to give you the money when we were there a few weeks ago. Count us in for two months and we'll pay you (just remind me!) the next one of us can make the gaming night.smile
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 30
Yes, put me down for September. I'll bring the $ on Wed.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 69
April and Laurie,

Thanks. Between all of us we should almost be paid into next year which is nice.

See you Wednesday April and hope you and Kevin can make it again soon Laurie.

Don
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 73
Big thanks to Doug, Laurie, Kevin, and April for buying a month. Now we're covered all the way into 2006, woohoo.

Don - May
Bobbie - June
Scott - July
Joel - Aug
April - Sept
Doug - Oct
Laurie - Nov
Kevin - Dec
A former member
Post #: 1
Can you give some background on the costs.
Is the money needed for the website or the meeting site or a combination.
What kind of monthly costs are there (it seems like it's something between $10 and $20).

Just would like to know so I know how much to bring if I make it to a meeting.

Thanks
Neo
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 311
Neo,

Don would be the one to answer the question, but dont worry about bringing money to the meeting. I think we all did a one time chip in of $10. That can be hashed out later. Just come play. Just bring money for any food/drinks you want.
A former member
Post #: 5
I'm on a very fixed income, but I might be able to throw in (maybe) a ten dollar contribution, but don't take that as gospel, I really can't say yet.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 328
Troggy, don't worry about it at this point. Just come play some games with us. The only money you need is for food/drinks if you are so inclined.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 294
Thanks to Ben for buying January 2006. Just thinking about January make me shiver. So here's the updated donation list.

Don - May 2005
Bobbie - June 2005
Scott - July 2005
Joel - Aug 2005
April - Sept 2005
Doug - Oct 2005
Laurie - Nov 2005
Kevin - Dec 2005
Ben - Jan 2006