April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 33
I'd like to try Pirate's Cove.

Some stuff from my collection I would like to teach:

Dungeoneer: Vault of the Fiends
2-4 Player
30 Minute session time (never played it so I dont know how accurate this is)
--I think Don, Joel, and Bobbie would like this one.

Mexica
2-4 Player
90 Minute session time (tho 3 player was closer to an hour)
--Don and Joel seemed to like it. I think Scott, April, and Laurie would like it too.

Monsters Menace America
2-4 Player
90 Minute session time (this is pretty accurate)
--Again Don and Joel and I had fun with it. I think Scott and prolly Bobbie and Laurie's kids would like it too.

I'm definitely interested in Dungeoneer. Actually the "board" looks a bit similar to Betrayal at House Hill, which I'd also play again.

I'm also definitely interested in Mexica. The board on that reminds me of Manhattan, which I have.

Monsters looks like a hoot. I want to be Megaclaw!

I read in the collections thread that Bobbie is expecting Amazonas. This one has been at the top of my list as I teeter close to 'buy mode' again. I'd love to try it soon.

I'd also be interested in trying Attika sometime if anyone has it. I'd like a chance at Alhambra soon too.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 89
In an effort to get the games planned a little earlier so nobody is surprised, I'ma make the following suggestions:

Don, you said Saturday that you were willing to teach Mexica. If you wanna pop over tonight or tomorrow and grab the game so you can have the destructions and the pieces thats cool. I think a second person going over the rules would be a good idea as I'm fairly sure we were doing a couple things wrong. Maybe want to run Pirates Cove opposite that? The both have a 90 minute playing time. By looking at people's interests looks like the following would work:

Mexica
=====
Don (teacher)
Scott
April

Pirate's Cove
=========
Bobbie (teacher)
Doug
Ruth
Joel (I think I remember him saying he wanted to try PC)

If Laurie or Kevin AND Laurie come, thats fine as Mexica will support 4 and Pirate's Cove will support 5. (Tho I am torn with this one as I really enjoyed the last game of Mexica I played)

So we have the follwing:

Game 1
=====
Saboteur (or Pit if Scott's cards dont come in by Wednesday)

Game 2a
======
Mexica

Game 2b
======
Pirate's Cove

Game 3a
======
Dungeoneer
I could teach and both Don and April expressed interest in playing

Game 3b
======
Samurai?
Bobbie and Scott (and myself) expressed interest

The only problem with running Dungeoneer and Samurai as the last 2 games is we are limited to 8 players. If Kevin AND Laurie show up that puts us at 9. Maybe a 5 player game opposite Dungeoneer to cover our bases? Any suggestions? We could also play dungeoneer a different week and play a 5 player game opposite Samurai. Dunno, we got a lot of options.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 44
okay, i will bring Pirate's cove,the Fleas and RatATat Cat for filler, and I will bring Jambo - its for 2. If we have too many bodies, I will play that with someone - 2 minutes to learn.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 22
My interests are:

Saboteur
Pirates Cove
Dungeoneer

Mexica is a great game, and is one I would definitely play again. Scott, I am interested in playing Oriente and Samurai and some point.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 79
Doug, thanks for putting together the lineup. Yes, I'd like to swing by and pickup Mexica tonight fi possible I'll give you a call.

Game 1
=====

Game 2a
======
Mexica

Game 2b
======
Pirate's Cove

Game 3a
======
Dungeoneer

Game 3b
======
Samurai?
Bobbie and Scott expressed interest

In case we have more than 8 there's no real obvious choice between Dungeoneer or Samurai because the interest level was about the same on both. So here are a bunch known winners from previous weeks which I'm always up for playing. Out of those I think I'd like to play Alhambra or Around the world the most. Anyone else have preferences so we can plan which one to bring? The other option is to go for a filler frenzy. We've got Frank's, For Sale, Too Many Cooks, Circus Flicata, and Raj along with Bobbie's new one which should keep the 5 person group very busy.

Alternates for Game 3
================
- Alhambra (I'm pretty sure most people liked this one)
- Around the World in 80 Days
- TTR
- TTR Europe
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 90
Thats fine, Don. I'll be home any time after 6.

**Dungeoneer Update**
Upon reading the actual destructions, the playing time is listed at 20-30 minutes PER PERSON. So a 4 player game of Dungeoneer could easily go over 2 hours (especially the 1st time around as we will all be learning to play together). Now we have some options here. The game ends when the 1st person completes 3 quests. We could limit the number of quests to 2 instead of 3. We could also just set a time limit i.e. after 1 hour whomever has the most quests completed is the winner. Alternately we can jus forget Dungeoneer for Wednesday and I'll shanghai Don and Joel for a test session some other day to see what the play time is like. If thats the case, I'd like to grab my swords and play Samurai.
A former member
Post #: 46

Game 1
=====

As of right now, I dont have either Saboteur or the new Pit cards. One or both may arrive by Wednesday night.

Alternates for Game 3
================
- Alhambra (I'm pretty sure most people liked this one)
- Around the World in 80 Days
- TTR
- TTR Europe

If we're talking for five players, my preference would be Around the World or the filler frenzy (nice term, btw). Alhambra with 5 can get kind of random (I think its best with 2 or 3, personally). I havent played TTR Europe, but I'm not crazy about TTR with 5. That said, I don't feel that strongly about it and will be happy to play whatever the group wants.

I think the Mexica/Pirate's Cove and the Dungeoneer/Samurai options are great.

Scott
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 80

**Dungeoneer Update**
Upon reading the actual destructions, the playing time is listed at 20-30 minutes PER PERSON. So a 4 player game of Dungeoneer could easily go over 2 hours (especially the 1st time around as we will all be learning to play together). Now we have some options here. The game ends when the 1st person completes 3 quests. We could limit the number of quests to 2 instead of 3. We could also just set a time limit i.e. after 1 hour whomever has the most quests completed is the winner. Alternately we can jus forget Dungeoneer for Wednesday and I'll shanghai Don and Joel for a test session some other day to see what the play time is like.

Hmm, didn't know it was going to go that long. BGG lists it as 30 minutes which is pretty misleading. I still want to try it sometime, but I vote we leave it for another night and set aside enough time to complete the game. Maybe setup a special night and just see how long it takes and if things really speed up once we learn the rules. On the flip side, if Joel and April fight to play it on Wednesday I'd still be happy to try out a limited game (time or quest, I'm thinking time is our best option).

As of right now, I dont have either Saboteur or the new Pit cards. One or both may arrive by Wednesday night.

Rats! Well, if neither of them show up maybe we could try Oriente if enough people are interested. If not we can jump right into the second game and play some fillers later. If we have seven Bang! is always an option (I'll bring my copy).

Don
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 34
I'm willing to forgo Dungeoneer and play something a bit shorter. I'd be delighted to participate in a 'special session' for Dungeoneer some other night, whether at Higher Grounds or elsewhere.

I'd love to try Alhambra if that one comes back to the table instead.

Also, "filler frenzy" sounds like a great idea.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 45
remember Apples to Apples crate lives in the car