The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › June 14th games

June 14th games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 86
Yesterday the topic was brought up about picking some games that we've already played before. I know there's a bunch on my list that I'd love to play again. So if you have requests for new games go ahead and put it up, but also throw up a couple of favorites and hopefully we can get a good mix.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 49
SInce Laurie won't be there the 14th, we should save my #1 request for the week after. She said she would play Monopoly and if we play Pokemon Monopoly, every bodies player has special powers..no, its true, I have it in writing. Short game rules - 45 min to an hour max.
I'm going to put some stuff in the car.
Ticket to RIde
Ticket to RIde Europe
Fearsome Floors
Master Thieves
Nautilus
Message to the Czar
Dread Pirate
Pirate's Cove
Circur Flocati
Haunted House and 2nd floor expansion

All of which I would like a second go at.

On top of that,
Streetcar
Alhambra
For Sale
Frank's Zoo
Mexica
Oriente
I never did get to play Chinatown
WHatever people bring I will try, play, maybe learn :-)
Ummm. I think that's all...
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 94
Quick Rundown of what I can remember we have played:

Alhambra
Around the World in 80 Days
Bang!
Betrayal at House on the Hill
Bohnanza
Bucket King
Chinatown
Citadels
Dread Pirate
Evo
Fearsome Floors
For Sale
Frank's Zoo
Master Thief
Memoir 44
Message to the Czar
Mexica
Modern Art
Munchkin
Nautilus
Oriente
Puerto Rico
Pirate's Cove
Ra
Raj
Samurai
Streetcar
Ticket to Ride
Ticket to Ride: Europe

Dont have time to link right now or make suggestions.
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 38
-first preference-
I would like to try Puerto Rico (in person), learn Alhambra and give Around the World in 80 Days a go. It seems like these are some possible already played faves, especially Alhambra (right, Laurie?).

-second preference-
I would like to play Citadels again and wouldn't mind giving Betrayal at House Hill another look. (These being the only two I've ever won at. ;-)

-third preference-
I'm also always willing to play Settlers if there's enough interest. Carcasonne, Ticket to Ride, Munchkin and Ra were fun too. I was encouraged enough by a 2nd place in Mexica last night to want to try that again as well.

Any of the filler games are fun. I especially liked Frank's Zoo and Circus Flochati.

What was the game you guys played opposite us when Laurie taught Ra? Nautilus? I'd like to give that a go, as well as Dread Pirate, since I missed those.

Okay, I realize this probably wasn't particularly helpful. All I'm saying is that there's been enough games introduced the last three months that we probably could just draw from stuff that's already been brought out and still have stuff that's new to some of us.
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 18
I agree with April in the fact that if we revisit the games we've had out before, it'll still be new to some of us. I did not get to play Dread Pirate, Munchkin, Flea Circus (or whatever it is) and a few others I can't think of right now.

I am not coming next week, so I won't put out my suggestions until the following week. I just totally agree with revisiting the games that people really showed interest in while playing, and allowing the others to get a chance who didn't play it in the first go around.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 50
and Doug's list is a reason why I keep trying memory games. Very good. Are we going to list our names by things, or just wing it. In other words, should I use Doug's list and vote or wait? Oh Fearless Leader, we await your direction!!!!shock
Kevin
kwojtasz
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 20
replays I'd be interested in:
Alhambra
Mexica
Nautilus

Games I missed, but would be interested in giving a try:
Memoir 44
Dread Pirate
Pirate's Cove

Games I'd be interested in playing on BSW
Puerto Rico
Ra
Ticket to Ride
Carcassone

Ones I don't recall we done yet (to name just a few):
Twilight Imperium III
Robo Rally
Monopoly
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 87
Bobbie,

I would say use Doug's list as a reference for what we've already played, but what I'm looking for is more like what April posted. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preferences and list a few games in each. I think that will give us good chance of finding some common ground.
A former member
Post #: 49
1st pref from Doug's list
----------------
Ticket to Ride Europe
Bohnanza
Nautilus

2nd pref from Doug's list
-----------------
Frank's Zoo
Citadels

3rd pref from Doug's list
-----------------
Alhambra
Bang!
Mexica

HONORABLE MENTIONS (if we all know the rules, we can squeeze in 4!)
Puerto Rico
Ra

edited to add:

Oh yeah, and, by the way, guess what card game for 6 to 10 players merrily arrived at my doorstep this morning, one day after we actually could have used it....
angry
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 95
I'd like to make a suggestion. The following people seem like they would like to try Betrayal at House on the Hill again:

Myself
Don
Joel
Bobbie
April

These are also the people that seem to have more leeway for playing on different nights. Now Ruth hates Betrayal, but she is going to be gone for 2 weeks starting the week after next. I propose that we have a Betrayal night on one of the other nights of the week, maybe a Thursday or something.