addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › June 14th games

June 14th games

bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 56
let's clarify first. if this is the list for tuesday, great.
if this is supposed to be the list of things we've already played for a total vote on re-visitation, then it should include everything we've already played and go from there to revisit, but then there are things missing from Doug's and my original list (monopoly not counting because when i read post of this, i read it as games we already were familiar and i threw it in)
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 99
Yeah, my list wasnt meant to be comprehensive, Just the stuff i could remember at the time. Feel free to add to my list. :)
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 91
let's clarify first. if this is the list for tuesday, great.
if this is supposed to be the list of things we've already played for a total vote on re-visitation, then it should include everything we've already played and go from there to revisit, but then there are things missing from Doug's and my original list (monopoly not counting because when i read post of this, i read it as games we already were familiar and i threw it in)

Yeah, it's not meant to be comprehensive. The idea is to go back to games we've already played with the group and play them again. If there's something we've played that's missing, just add it. I wasn't trying to be overly scientific. I assumed people would remember the games they liked or would like to try again and just post them. Doug's list helped refresh people's memory, but wasn't meant to limit the choices.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 100
Don, I'm posting this here too in case you dont check the event details. On Tuesday I have to meet Ruth's boss for a few drinks before I can come. This is his 1st time in Buffalo so I am going to make an appearance. I should be at the coffee house in time for the 2nd game. Just wanted to let you know so you could plan the games accordingly.
Kevin
kwojtasz
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 21
Doug, bring along Memoir '44 if you could. I'd be interested in squeezing in a playing either at a 4th "late" game or if the 2nd or 3rd game has a 2 person split off. I've read the rules from BBG and it sounds interesting.

As for the other games, I can bring Alhambra and someone besides Laurie will get to win! wink
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 101
Sure thing Kevin. You dont have to twist my arm to get me to play. biggrin
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 92
Okay, Just trying to get some sort of plan together for tomorrow.

Since Doug and Joel are going to miss the first game that leaves myself, Scott, Bobbie, April, and Kevin. Between all of us there's a lot of interest in Around the World in 80 Days so I'm going to suggest that as our first game because it plays well with 5.

I'll post the rest of the plan a little later.

Don
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 93
Here's how I see the games for tomorrow. It was pretty tough to sort it out because there was so much overlap of interest. Also know that this is not set in stone so feel free to chime in. I picked 5 different games for variety, but if people would rather double up that's fine by me.

Game 1
----------
Around the World in 80 Days - 3-6 players
April, Kevin, Bobbie, Scott (teaching), Don
- April is the only newb here I believe

Game 2a
-----------
Nautilus - 4 players - BGG says 120 min (not sure it will take that long)
Doug, Kevin, Scott, Bobbie, Don (teaching)
- I think Scott is the only newb here. Kevin, Bobbie, or Doug, would you be willing to hop over to Alhambra and teach April?

Game 2b
------------
Alhambra - 2-6 players - BGG says 60 min (sounds about right)
April, Kevin, Bobbie, Doug, Scott, Don
- April is the only newb to this one. You may be playing two rounds or a filler because of Nautilus.

Game 3a
-----------
Mexica - 2-4 players - BGG says 90 min (sounds about right)
Kevin, Scott, April, Doug (floatacious)
- should ne no newbs here. Doug, sorry to make you the floater.

Game 3b
------------
Evo - 3-5 players - BGG says 120 min (sounds a bit high to me)
Bobbie, Don, Doug (floatinator)
- no newbs here again

Possible 4th Game (depending on time and stamina)
=====================================
I'm thinking a big game of Bang! Dodge city would work well here after 2 rounds of brain burners. Or we could do filler frenzy. Doug and Kevin may want to get thier Memior 44 game in. If we're still glutton for more punishment we could go back and play another one from the earlier rounds.

People Bringing Games
================
Doug - Evo, Mexica, Memoir 44, fillers
Scott - ATW in 80 Days, fillers
Kevin - Alhambra, any fillers you want to bring
Bobbie - fillers
Don - Nautilus, Big box o settlers (bc it's my trademark)

See everyone tomorrow.

BTW, Here's how the voting ended up without Laurie's votes.

1st preference
==========
Nautilus - 5 - Doug, Kevin, Scott, Bobbie, Don
Evo - 3 - Doug, Bobbie, Don
Alhambra - 3 - April, Kevin, Bobbie
Around the World in 80 Days - 3 - April, Kevin, Bobbie
Ticket to Ride Europe - 2 - Scott, Bobbie
Bohnanza - Scott
Mexica - Kevin
Puerto Rico - April

2nd preference
===========
Bang! - 2 - Doug, Don
Betrayal at House Hill - 2 - April, Bobbie
Dread Pirate(arrrr) - 2 - Kevin, Bobbie
Pirate's Cove - 2 - Kevin, Bobbie
Around the World in 80 Days - 2 - Scott, Bobbie
Citadels - 2 - April, Scott
Frank's Zoo - Scott
Mexica - Doug
Memoir 44 - Kevin
Samurai - Don

3rd preference
===========
Alhambra - 4 - Doug, Scott, Don
Ra - 4 - April, Scott, Bobbie, Don
Carcasonne - 3 - April, Bobbie, Don
Ticket to Ride - 2 - April, Bobbie
Munchkin - 2 - April, Bobbie
Mexica - 2 - Scott, April
Puerto Rico - 2 - Doug, Scott
Settlers - April
Bang! - Scott

Overall votes () = 1 pref [] = 2nd pref
=============================
Alhambra - 6 - (April, Kevin, Bobbie), Doug, Scott, Don
Around the World in 80 Days - 5 - (April, Kevin, Bobbie), [Scott]
Nautilus - 5 - (Doug, Kevin, Scott, Bobbie, Don)
Ra - 4 - April, Scott, Bobbie, Don
Mexica - 4 - (Kevin), [Doug], Scott, April
Evo - 3 - (Doug, Bobbie, Don)
Carcasonne - 3 - April, Bobbie, Don
Bang! - 3 - [Doug, Don], Scott
Puerto Rico - 3 - Doug, Scott, (April)
Ticket to Ride - 2
Munchkin - 2
Betrayal at House Hill - 2
Dread Pirate(arrrr) - 2
Pirate's Cove - 2
Citadels - 2
Ticket to Ride Europe - 2
Bohnanza - 1
Memoir 44 - 1
Samurai - 1
Settlers - 1
Frank's3 Zoo - 1
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 102
Change in plans one more time. It looks like Ruth and her boss will be delayed, so I'll be there on time and can sit in on the Around the World game. She is going to call me when they get settled (whenever that is) and I will buzz out to meet him. I dont plan on being gone all that long, but it looks as tho I might miss the 2nd game (or have to leave in the middle of it).