The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › June 21st Games

June 21st Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 94
I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

Sorry, I just love that SNL skit.biggrin

Games games games games games, more games.

If no one has a problem with it let's try what we ended up doing last time. It made it a bit tricky for me to sort out the lineup in the end, but I also had a better feeling that everyone had least one game in the lineup that they reeeaaally wanted to play. So just list three games which are your 1st prefrence, three for your 2nd, and three for your 3rd.

We didn't talk about going back to the old favorites this week, but I'm thinking that it makes sense to always work some in just so we're not learning three new games each week. So if you can slip some of your old favs into your votes.

Vote vote vote.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 95
I'm putting in an early vote just beacuse I want to get it out there and I'm really looking forward to trying this one.

1st Preference
------------------
Saboteur

2nd Preference
-------------------

3rd Preference
------------------
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 104
1st Preference
------------------
Monsters Menace America -- I know Scott and April want to play this (as long as April can be Megaclaw). Is there a 4th person that would like to crush the US beneath their heel (or claw or tentacle)???

Niagara -- I would love to try Niagara assuming it arrives in time AND I get to push the river tiles a few times!! (yes, I am a big child)

2nd Preference
-------------------
Saboteur -- Seems like this would be a good all in game

Entdecker -- Set sail for discovery!!!

3rd Preference
-------------------
Evo -- I still wanna give the variant a try.

Nautilus -- I wouldnt mind building another retarded research facility.

**Edit** I will just keep editing this post as I add/change my vote
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 97
I'll happily take Tomanagi out for a stroll up the west coast again.

1st Preference
------------------
Saboteur

2nd Preference
-------------------

3rd Preference
------------------
Monsters Menace America
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 57
I vote for monsters and Sabatuer and I think we should revisit Pirate's Cove. I still want to play Nautilus again. Last night it didn't work out, so keep it coming!!!! I think we should also try Rat-Tat-Cat. 1 minute to learn. Lots of fun. So these are my suggestions for all - we haven't done Amazonas yet and I want a chance to play ALL listed games. I know that doesn't help much, but...

1st
--------------------------------------­-------------------------------------
Pirate's Cove
Rat-a-tat Cat (filler)
Amazonas

2nd
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­
Sabatuer
Frank's Zoo (filler)
Nautilus

3rd
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­
Monster's Menace America
Circus Flohcati (filler)
Samurai
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 26
1st Preference
------------------
Saboteur

2nd Preference
-------------------
Nautilus

3rd Preference
------------------
Memoir '44

As an aside I ordered Niagara. I am guessing it may show up Tuesday or Wednesday I would be interested in doing a test play.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 58
I also have Niagara ordered. Maybe can do a night of games we have two or three copies of and play the same game in smaller groups. Like Nautilis, I have it and Don has it. Around the WOrld, Scott and Joel have it. Ofcourse, from the sublime to the ridiculous, Kevin and I both have Twilight Imperium.confused
All for now.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 98
I'd be happy to teach Nautilus again and perhaps redeem myself from the blood-letting I received last night. I'll also offer to teach Entdecker and see if we get enough interest.

Bobbie, that sounds like a neat idea running the same game on multiple tables, but I'm not sure everyone will want to play the same game. It will probably take something really special.

BTW, my Saboteur vote doesn't imply one big game with everyone. It will probably be easier to run a smaller game, try it out and decide if it's a winner before trying to get the whole group to play it.

1st Preference
------------------
Saboteur

2nd Preference
-------------------
Nautilus
Entdecker
Amazonas

3rd Preference
------------------
Monsters Menace America
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 62
I just checked BGG. ..is ENtdecker Pirates?? count me inbiggrin
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 100
I just checked BGG. ..is ENtdecker Pirates?? count me inbiggrin

Nah it's not pirates. You sail around and discover islands. You can meet friendly natives though.