The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Help! I'm all alone!

Help! I'm all alone!

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 117
For the next couple weeks, Ruth will be out of town on business. In an effort to keep me from jus sitting at home playing computer games, I would like to do a Betrayal at House on the Hill night at some point this comming week. I know there are a number of people who would like to play again, and it doesnt have to run as long as one of our regular nights. If we play like 3 games of it we could be done before 10pm. I was thinking Tuesday (I know Joel would miss the 1st game) or Thursday-- however any night is good. What do you guys think???
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 27
I'm pretty much only good on the weekend, but I would be interested in doing this.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 74
I can do anything this coming week - I am woman, hear me roar!!!wink
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 28
I do not have firm plans for next week at the moment - so Monday, Tuesday, Thursday works for me.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 117
Count me in. I don't have any firms plans as of yet. I'd go with Thursday over Tuesday but the weekend works as well.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 121
Thursday night is Betrayal at House on the Hill night! Anyone who is intersted in romping thru the haunted house, show up at Higher Grounds around 6:30. So far we have myself, Don, Joel, and Bobbie.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 76
I'll be there Wednesday and Thursday. I will see if I can get my friend Ed to come on Thursday (he is a member but just finished doing a show, so he'll have more free time now).angry
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 2
I can make it.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 126
Looks like we have our intrepid explorers for Thursday! The game supports 6 so we have:

Myself
Don
Joel
Isaac
Bobbie
and possibly the mysterious Eddie Spaghetti!

Lets shoot for 6:30-7:00. If we play till 10ish or so we can prolly get 3-4 games in (depending on the scenerios that come up).
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 132
Thanks to all who came out for Betrayal at House on the Hill night! It was a rough night for the traitor (yet again) with the traitor going 0 for 2. Even tho the good guys had the upper hand, a good time was had by all. We then squeezed out a round of Bang! which was also a lot of fun. Although due to a rules mistake Joel was eliminated pretty early. The good guys did NOT come out on top this time, however. All three outlaws (Don, Ed, Bobbie) managed to live, while the good guys (Isaac and myself) went down in a hail of gunfire. This was quite an accomplishment as most of us were having problems finding bullets for our guns. I dare say most of the damage came from marauding indians, exploding dynamite, and very one-sided duels.

Ruth is going to be gone again next week, so I would once again like to have an off night if anyone is up for it. I was thinking maybe an Icehouse night. Depending on the number of players, I would like to try the following:

Zendo
Homeworlds
Volcano
Ice Towers

At one point or another we have tried all of the above games with the exception of Homeworlds. Both Volcano and Zendo were well received (Although I'm not sure if Zendo is Isaac's bag) and Ice Towers seemed to have some nice strategy with 3 (once Bobbie caught on she cleaned me and Don's clocks) so I would like to try it with 6. We should prolly also throw in a silly game as the Icehouse stuff tends to be pretty cerebral. Mag-Blast maybe? Isaac, do you know where your cards are?

Anyways, we'd be limited to 6 players again. If there is not enuff interest in Icehouse stuff we can do something else.......**evil glare** wink