add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › July 6th Games

July 6th Games

Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 124
Here's the plan, we get the warhead and hold the world hostage for, one MILLION dollars! Alright that's not really the plan, but it was a good one.

Last week 41 different games were posted, LOL, which is cool because there are so many good games out there but it also meant that there were a lot of one vote games. With that in mind I'd like to try something a little different. I'd like to set aside the first three days of the week for posting requests and then leave the rest for voting. So for the first three days put up the games you would like to play and then we'll all come back later in the week and do the usual 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pref voting from everyones requests. Try to keep your request list within reason, like 2 - 4 games, so that we don't end up with too big a list to vote from. Of course your requests don't have to be new games they can be one's we've already played (I think we all know what Laurie is going to post wink). I'm hoping this will make choosing games easier as the group gets bigger while still leaving room for new stuff to get introduced.

As always I'm to feedback so if you think this is too restrictive and have a better idea, post it. If you think all the voting pref stuff is useless, post it. The whole point is to setup games that people want to play.

So I'll start things off

1. Plunder - Yarrrrr
2. San Marco - Scott keeps putting it up and it looks really good
3. Mille Bornes - I want to give Joel a creve
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 129
Don took my request but I am going to second it anyways
1) Plunder -- Double Arrrrrrrr
2) Dungeoneer -- But not if it makes me unable to play Plunder (Arrrr)
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 32
Carcassonne (any version, but prefer the dragon)
Frank's Zoo

I picked two big games and two fillers, trying to even the playing field a little. For a third game I'd be happy to sit in an empty spot somewhere (except Memoir '44). I'd even be willing to sit in on Alhambra if you really REALLY twisted my arm. biggrin

Oh yeah...put me down for Ticket To Ride too
A former member
Post #: 58
Since Don already put up a request for San Marco, I don't have to. cool So, here are mine:

1. Amazonas
2. Louis XIV

I like the idea of everyone nominating or requesting games to give us parameters for voting. I think it will work well. Great idea, Don.
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 30
Memoir '44 (we might have 2 sets of games by then?)
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 130
Memoir '44 (we might have 2 sets of games by then?)

Doubtful as the order has not shipped yet. Blame Bobbie, her game was a special order.

On the upside, they do have Arkham Horror in stock now! YAAAY!!! biggrin
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 79
WHAT!!!! That usually takes 24 hours. I think it didn't ship because the shipping department was closed on the 29th and the order office was closed on the 30th. It was not my fault. YOU WON"T TAKE ME ALIVE!!!!!!!
Okay, I'm better now.

Ticket to Ride Europe
Lapas in Tabula or Werewolf
Portland, OR
Post #: 3
I've seen mention of Ticket to Ride several places so I think I would like to give it a try sometime. I would like to sit in on a game of Niagara sometime but only because of the name in relation to our locale.

So to put them in easy to read list form:
Ticket to Ride(any version)
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 133
Ben, Ticket to Ride is a fabulous game, especially for non-gamers. If you are looking for a family game, this is it! Its considered one of the premier "gateway games" to turn non-gamers into gamers. You can try TTR online at Days of Wonder. All you have to do is create a guest account. You wont be able to start any games, but you can join existing games. There are also some nice tutorials there. I played online for months with a guest account before I purchased the game. If you are uncomfortable playing with strangers, just set up a time here on the boards and either Bobbie or myself (or both!) would be happy to create a game and play with you.
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 82
Doug, have you tried the TtR Europe on line yet. It came up last weekend and you need the updated Java to get it to run, but its pretty cool

Ben, anytime, anywhere, any version. This is even with Monopoly for my favorite game!!!! (and I own over 200 versions of Monopoly)