The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › July 13th games

July 13th games

A former member
Post #: 66
We have camels here, too, and my older two love to play with them. But they dont understand why the riders go on different color camels! They want the red riders to go on the pink camels, etc. They ought to be the dictionary definition of choking hazard though. Come to think about it, I should move that (and a whole mess of other games they like) somewhere out of reach. Hmm.
Ben
hakthir
Portland, OR
Post #: 4
My choices for no particular reason other than I have seen mention of them places and the description at BGG makes them sound like I might enjoy them.

Bohnanza
Munchkin

And a hold over from last week

Niagara
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 141
I won't add my 2 cents this week since I don't know if I'll be there until Thursday. - but yea, Plunder with the right rules would be worth a second try. Did you find the money pouches?

Don't worry, found the pouches.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 142
Youch, looks like thursday wasn't so good after all. Here are the nominations but with only three people committed so far it's not looking good. Ben, Isaac, and Nick still have yet to RSVP so we may still get up to 7.

Bohnanza
Munchkin
Niagara (if Bobbie can make it)
Arkham Horror
Bang! (If we get 6+ people) <- looking pretty grim so far sad
Gloom (again, if Bobbie can make it)
Plunder
Mille Bornes

With so few nominations I'm not even sure it's worth voting. I'll wait until the tomorrow and hopefully we'll have a few more people login.
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 52
I am definitely up for Arkham Horror - it looks very cool. Mille Bornes has my vote too. I would also play Niagara again.

If we switch to a different night and Scott comes, I'd like to try Louis XIV. Also wanted to try Hex Hex.

Otherwise, I'm happy to bring any of the games from my list and if we have a smaller group I think we could have a good time with Condotierre, Filthy Rich (a bit like Chinatown), Manhattan, Acquire or Illuminati.

April
my collection
Always willing to play Alhambra, Amazonas, Citadels, Munchkin, Settlers.
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 34
As for nominations, I didn't put any up since there are no good nights for me except Monday this week.

If we could work out a Monday gaming night, then my options would probably be:
Settlers (haven't played in a few years)
Seafarers (never played, but I'll probably like it)
TTR regular or Europe
Werewolf
Niagara
Mille Bornes
Ben
hakthir
Portland, OR
Post #: 5
Illuminati... I haven't played that in years... I would definitely be up for a game of it. I have an old deluxe edition around here.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 95
I can do Mondays until September. My Kenmore Quilters group doesn't meet during the summer. So Monday is fine with me.
Plans that were on this week were cancelled since the friends I had coming in from out of town are apparently coming next week instead of this week. I never heard of Illuminati and Arkham Horror does sound awesome.
I'll keep looking/ Let me know what is happening.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 149
Why dont we do this: Since Thursday is turning out to be pretty grim, Why dont you hold the regular meetup on a different night (Mon, Tues, or Weds) Then on Thursday I will host an Arkham Horror night and anybody that is interested and is free can come and play. I really only need 3 or 4 other people. I appreciate Don's trying to move the night so I can stay the whole time, but not at the expense of the entire group. smile
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 143
Why dont we do this: Since Thursday is turning out to be pretty grim, Why dont you hold the regular meetup on a different night (Mon, Tues, or Weds) Then on Thursday I will host an Arkham Horror night and anybody that is interested and is free can come and play. I really only need 3 or 4 other people. I appreciate Don's trying to move the night so I can stay the whole time, but not at the expense of the entire group. smile

I have no problem moving it forward to Wednesday or Tuesday. I have some plans for Monday night which I can change but I'm also worried that not everyone will see the change soon enough.

BTW Isaac also had a conflict with Wednesdays which was part of the reason for switching things up.

So how does Wednesday sound for the normal meetup and Thursday for the Arkham horror night?