The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › July 20th Games

July 20th Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 145
I don't have any ideas for next weeks games but I'm sure I'll be inspried by lunchtime. If you know what your looking for post your nominations. Try to limit yourself to 2 - 4 games so that the list doesn't get too huge. Later in the week I'll ask people to vote on the nominated games. Alright, get to it people.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 99
I would like to play Hex Hex for more than 1 hand. I would like to try Illuminati and Filthy Rich (April brought them last night). I would like to play Tikal again before I forget the rules. so

Tikal
Hex, Hex
Illuminati
Filthy Rich
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 154
Even tho I wont be there, I would like to put in a few recommendations so you all can think of me in abstentia!

Lets Go Fishin'

Barney First Fishing Game

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Go Fish!

and last but not least:

Fish & Chips

biggrin
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 53
Hmmm... there's something fishy going on in here. Don, do you smell fish?

I will also vote for my own games (Illuminati and Filthy Rich), in addition to Hex Hex and Amazonas. I've yet to play Hex Hex, and would really like to give Amazonas another go.

As for Illuminati, Nick, Ben and Isaac (I think) also know this one, so it should be easy for us to get up to speed quickly. I remember that Filthy Rich wasn't hard at all, so it shouldn't be a problem for me to brush up before Wednesday and teach both.

April
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 146
Even tho I wont be there, I would like to put in a few recommendations so you all can think of me in abstentia!

Lets Go Fishin'

Barney First Fishing Game

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Go Fish!

and last but not least:

Fish & Chips

biggrin

Nice. LOL. Drink a few triple X's for me, eh.
tongue
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 147
I think Doug is the only person that owns Hex Hex right?

Here are my nominations. I may add one or two more later.

1. Shadows over Camelot
Kevin
kwojtasz
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 38
Louis XIV
Nautilius

(available starting for Game 2 of the night, as it looks like Scott and I will be giving War of the Ring a try in the pre Dinner - Game 1 slot)
A former member
Post #: 68
For better or for worse, War of the Ring has given me "Lord of the Rings"-on-the-Brain. I'm sure most of us have had it at some point or another. At least Harry Potter comes out in a few hours. Maybe by Wednesday I will be all obsessive about that instead. Possibly, but unlikely.

I already like lots of the games mentioned (Shadows, Louis XIV, Tikal etc) . So I will limit myself to:

ONE NOMINATION TO RULE THEM ALL......

Lord of the Rings

I have the Friends and Foes and Sauron expansions to include or eschew as we deem fit.
Ben
hakthir
Portland, OR
Post #: 6
My choices are once again

Bohnanza
Munchkin

and of course I Would love to sit in on Illuminati, haven't played in 13 years, so I don't remember many of the rules. Other than World Domination will be mine! muhahaha
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 148
So I'm putting up two new ones along with a two that were played already but I didn't get a chance to get in on the fun.

1. Shadows over Camelot
2. San Marco
3. Samurai
4. St. Petersburg