The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › July 20th Games

July 20th Games

bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 100
I only remember one of those...and I didn't get to play it either.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 149
Here's the final list of nominations to vote on for this week.

Tikal
Illuminati
Filthy Rich
Amazonas
Louis XIV
Nautilius
Lord of the Rings
Bohnanza
Munchkin
Shadows over Camelot
San Marco
Samurai
St. Petersburg

The next step it to get everyone's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preference votes from this list. For all you new people just follow my example below. If you don't want to vote for three in each section that's fine. The main purpose is to find out what people are interested in playing so that we can make a plan for the night and also have some options. Here are my votes:

1st pref
----------
Shadows over Camelot
San Marco
Illuminati

2nd Pref
-----------
Samurai
Louis XIV
Nautilus

3rd Pref
----------
St. Petersburg
Amazonas
Bohnanza

Aright get to it.
NickAnner
NickAnner
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 3
1st:
Louis XIV
St. Petersburg
Tikal

2nd:
San marco
Bohnanza
Shadows over Camelot

3rd:
Amazonas
Samurai
Lord of the Rings (which one is this? Knizia?)
A former member
Post #: 69
Since Kevin and I are playing War of the Ring early, I'm going to submit only two sets of prefs. Don, if you want me to submit a third set, let me know.

1st Pref
-------------------
Lord of the Rings (yes, its Knizia's - the cooperative one)
Shadows over Camelot
Louis XIV

2nd Pref
-------------------
San Marco
Samurai
Bohnanza
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 4
Here's the final list of nominations to vote on for this week.

Tikal
Illuminati
Filthy Rich
Amazonas
Louis XIV
Nautilius
Lord of the Rings
Bohnanza
Munchkin
Shadows over Camelot
San Marco
Samurai
St. Petersburg

1st
St. Petersburg
Shadows over Camelot
Samurai

2nd
Louis XIV
Nautilius
Illuminati

3rd
San Marco
Munchkin
Tikal
Kevin
kwojtasz
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 39
1st
-----
War of the Ring ( for this one, it will be just two player and we should be a few turns into the game by the time everyone starts showing up at 6:30pm. Depending on interest, it can hold upto 4 players and you can thus teach more people at once that way, though the sweet spot per se would be 2.)

2nd
-----
Louis XIV
Nautilius
Illuminati (no $ cheating rules?)

3rd
-----
Tikal
Shadows over Camelot
St. Petersburg
A former member
Post #: 70

Scott, go ahead and put up a 3rd. I'll make sure you and Kevin are setup with Lord of the Rings for the first game. Did you just want that as a two player game or can other people join in (no one should be offended if you keep it as two because you guys planned it way ahead of time)? It sounds like Nick may be interested but I'm not sure if this will throw off your plans.

I think my posts on War of the Ring/Lord of the Rings may have caused confusion. Sorry about that. When I nominated Lord of the Rings, I meant the cooperative game for 2-5 players playing the hobbits trying to destroy the ring, which is a different game entirely from "War of the Ring", which is the game Kevin and I had talked about playing. So I only posted two sets of prefs, knowing I'd only be available for two games and not wanting to foul up the voting.

I understand that there are some rules for 3 and 4 players for War of the Ring, but I defer to Kevin on that, because I really don't know how they work. :-D Kevin and I had planned on meeting between 5 and 5:30 to get a jump on things so that our game would finish up about the same time as the first set of games that others are playing.

1st pref
------------------
War of the Ring
Lord of the Rings
Shadows over Camelot

2nd pref
------------------
Louis XIV
San Marco
Samurai

3rd pref
------------------
Bohnanza
Amazonas
St. Petersburg

If this is STILL not right (lol) bc I included War of the Ring when it wasnt on the list, delete War of the Ring, move everything else up one space and add Tikal at the end. (But, I still want to play War of the Ring, obviously)

Sorry for all the confusion and for the long post....
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 151
Scott, I think you cleared it up pretty well. If people want to vote on Lord of the Rings (2-5 co-op) feel free. If it gets enough votes we'll get to it in the second or third slot.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 101
I HATE LORD OF THE RINGS - I hated the books (as far as I could get through them). I didn't enjoy the movies. It was an all around pittiful experience. So count me out for that.
1st pref
----------
Shadows over Camelot
San Marco
Illuminati

2nd Pref
-----------
Samurai
Louis XIV
Filthy Rich

3rd Pref
----------
St. Petersburg
Filthy Rich
Illuminati
Ben
hakthir
Portland, OR
Post #: 7
I am confused is my 1st group the 3 games I most want to play in the night, the second are my second choices, and so on. Or is it the first group is what I want to play for the first game, second group is what I want to play as the second game and so on?