The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › July 26th Games

July 26th Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 155
At the end of yesterdays meetup there was a lot of talk about getting to play a game more than once to really get the feel for it. Well here's your chance to nominate some games that you want to get back on the table. Like usual put up 2 - 4 nominations, old or new, and keep your finders crossed. After Saturday well move onto voting from the nomination list. Normally I'd throw up my nominations, but since I won't be there this week I'm out.

Have fun.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 104
Arkham Horror
Shadows Over Camelot
Illuminati

Maybe more later...
Ben
hakthir
Portland, OR
Post #: 9
Illuminati, with the rules still fresh in my head, I would love to try this again.

Bohnanza with lots of players again, but maybe a full game rather than once around the table.

Frank's Zoo would be great to get play this again. Right now this is the game that I am most considering buying so one more game of it couldn't hurt.

Ticket to Ride(any version) had fun with the Euro version so that or the us version would be a great game to play

I have a few more thoughts so if any of these games would be considered fillers let me know and I will post one or 2 more choices.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 156
Illuminati, with the rules still fresh in my head, I would love to try this again.

Bohnanza with lots of players again, but maybe a full game rather than once around the table.

Frank's Zoo would be great to get play this again. Right now this is the game that I am most considering buying so one more game of it couldn't hurt.

Ticket to Ride(any version) had fun with the Euro version so that or the us version would be a great game to play

I have a few more thoughts so if any of these games would be considered fillers let me know and I will post one or 2 more choices.

Frank's is definitely a filler and Illuminati is a dupe of Bobbie's nomination so that really doesn't count towards your 4. biggrin
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 6
I am more into learning new stuff still so here's what I have seen that interested me:

Memoir 44
St. Petersburg
San Marco

Also I'll throw this one up since it looks like it might be a small gathering, I have and can teach:

Axis and Allies: Europe (this is the best of the Axis and Allies spin-offs.)

The game takes quite a while to play, and wouldn't be appropriate as a normal selection, but might work on one of the nights where we are sitting at a smaller number.

Isaac
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 157
Here are the nominations so far:

Memoir 44
St. Petersburg
San Marco
Axis and Allies: Europe (assuming the numbers stay small)
Illuminati
Bohnanza
Ticket to Ride(any version)
Arkham Horror
Shadows Over Camelot

Some nice stuff up there already. Hopefully by the end of the day we'll have a nice list to vote from.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 36
I am was probably as excited as Doug and Scott to play Arkham and Shadows as they were. The list so far is a good mix.

I will add the following:

San Juan
Puerto Rico
Acquire
NickAnner
NickAnner
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 6
the only thing i would like add is i'd like to play louis XIV to practice one more time for the WBC.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 158
Alright, let the voting begin. Someone lead us off with their three prefs.

Memoir 44
St. Petersburg
San Marco
Axis and Allies: Europe (assuming the numbers stay small)
Illuminati
Bohnanza
Ticket to Ride(any version)
Arkham Horror
Shadows Over Camelot
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Aquire

Later,

Don
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 55
Well, I've been so busy I didn't get a chance to add my nominations, so I'll just vote.

Loius XIV (I'd like to try that again since Nick voted for it!)
Arkham Horror
St. Petersburg
Illuminati