The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › July 26th Games

July 26th Games

bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 105
I'll try Louis the xiv, but if Nick is practicing for competition, I might not be a good choice.
Arkham is a definit
Illuminati is a definite

othen than that, I will go with the flow.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 155
Howdy Folks! I'm back from the Great White North. We dont have many votes yet (and the meetup is tomorrow) so I'ma just gonna go by the nominations and such. I do have a few concerns, however. There are a number of games nominated that I believe are owned by Scott (who izznt gonna be there). If anybody can enlighten me about the following games, please do:

St. Petersburg
San Marco
Louis XIV

For right now I am going to leave those off the playlist unless someone lets me know that they own a copy that they can bring.

From the votes and responses here, it looks like there are going to be 7 of us:

Me (until 9ish)
Bobbie
Ben
Isaac
Joel
Nick
April

For right now, lets go with the following lineup:

Game 1a
=======
Memoir 44 (Isaac, Doug)

Game 1b
=======
Illuminati (Bobbie, Ben, Joel, Nick, April)

Game 2
=======
Bohnanza (since there are only 7 of us, lets do an all-in game)

Game 3
=======
What if we try an open gaming slot here? Everyone bring a game they would like to play and then we decide at the time what we want to play.

Give me some feedback about what you think, especially the open gaming slot.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 106
Did you catch a lot of Fish???
Ijust came back in because I forgot to add Shadows to my list, but I see Scott won't be there so there is no point.

For the open slot, I would like to put in Ticket to ride or Ticket to Ride Europe. I've got Europe in the car and if you'ld like I can add the plain one. Unless someone else wants to bring theirs.

But, I am flexible and will do whatever - and the card bag is in the car so I also have Bohnanza covered.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 156
I did pretty well, I bagged 8 keeper Walleye 12" - 16" and one Northern Pike. I didnt get to measure the pike as he threw the hook when I got him in the boat. One does not want a Northern Pike free in the boat (they have really sharp teeth and thrash a lot) so he was scooped up with a bag and pitched overboard. It was prolly about 34"-36". I'm happy to be back tho. I've had enuff of the great outdoors to last me a while. biggrin

**Edit**

I noticed a few people had Arkham Horror listed as one they would like to play. If there is enuff interest, maybe this Thursday we could do another Arkham Horror or Betrayal at House on the Hill night.
Ben
hakthir
Portland, OR
Post #: 10
Looks like a good line up to me I'll join Bobbie in a game of Ticket to ride in the open slot.

Let me check with my wife but I would be in for A special Thursday session too.
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 7
Thursday looks good to me.
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 56
Hmmm... Thursday is tempting. It depends on whether or not I find someone to go to Lafayette Square with me to hear Lowest of the Low. If not, then I could come for Arkham Horror.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 157
Well since Ben had to drop, and he was the one that wanted to do Bohnanza the most, we can always try something else in the second slot. Looks like most of tonight is gonna be fly by the seat of our pants so I'ma gonna bring the following:

Memoir 44
Bang!
Icehouse
Hex Hex
Betrayal at House on the Hill

**Edit**

Nick, I know you are more of a heavy strategy gamer. I'd be more than willing to play a heavy hitter with you -- You'd just have to supply the game. Most of my collection is lite/euro.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 107
Doug, Bang and Betrayal are already in my car so if you want to save some carrying energy, feel free to do so.
I can make Thursday night.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 37
I can do Thursday as well

I am going to bring:

Alhambra
Frank's Zoo
Puerto Rico
San Juan