The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › August 3rd Games

August 3rd Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 159
Lets get those nominations rolling. Hopefully we can have a big turnout. If we do I would like to make a suggestion: If we have enuff interested parties (six) I would like to do the Omaha Beach Overlord mission for Memoir 44. I havent a clue how long it will take, but in general Memoir 44 seems to go fairly fast. Anyways, on with the nominations......

Nomination
========
Memoir 44 Omaha Beach Overlord mission
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 36
I would not be one of those interested parties, but I'm happy to play solitaire and watch you guys play if that's the game of choice by everyone else.

Nominations
=========
Niagara
Citadels
Bang (filler)
Hex-Hex (filler)
Alhambra biggrin
Carcasonne (any variety, I have a few more now)
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 161
You wouldnt be playing by yourself, Laurie. When I mentioned it last night both Bobbie and April wrinkled their noses and I think all April said was "Alhambra". I have a feeling it will be a "boys over her, girls over there" deal if we do play it. We can always wait till Don comes back to play it also. I know he expressed interest in playing an Overlord mission.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 108
I think Omaha Beach for the masses should have its own night like the Arkham Horror. But the girls could do Alhambra, Amazonas and Pirate's Cove and some card fillers, or maybe Filthy Rich (which looked quite interesting when April brought it).
We can do just fine without you guys.

I think when Don comes back we should plan an all pirate night. Lord knows we got a ton of 'em. Maybe Scoot would bring shadows over Camelot and the girls could also play that.
okay, I'll just show a list, in no particular order.

Alhambra
Amazonas (in my car)
Pirate's Cove (in my car)
Filthy Rich
Shadows Over Camelot
Bag of card games(fillers)(in my car) biggrin
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 162
Well lets see how many people sign up for the event. If it needs a special night, so be it. smile
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 39
San Marcos
Louie the XIV
San Juan
A former member
Post #: 75
I already like a bunch of the games nomintated. So, I'm going to put up two:

For Sale
Villa Paletti

Kevin and I have been talking about another game of War of the Ring, so we might play that one early. Hopefully, it will go a little faster than last time :-D.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 163
Since it looks like Overlord is tanking, I'll add a few other nominations:

Nominations
=========
Tikal
Evo
Icehouse (Zendo, Ice Towers, or Icehouse)
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 40
Doug,

I am down for Overlord.

I just thought we were putting up nominations? Voting on Sunday?
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 165
Yup Yup... Nominations till sunday then voting begins!!! I just wanted to throw out a couple of my own in case the Overlord gets poo pooed....