August 3rd Games

Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 41
I already like a bunch of the games nomintated. So, I'm going to put up two:

For Sale
Villa Paletti

Kevin and I have been talking about another game of War of the Ring, so we might play that one early. Hopefully, it will go a little faster than last time :-D.

War Ring is game I would really enjoy watching and then playing. To bad you two do not do that on an off night. I am not sure what interest there is in the group. Looks very cool and I do enjoy the bits. Scott as an aside, I just wanted to to say thank you for introducing Werewolf. You did a great job running the session. You have a real knack. I know it is a very belated thanks.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 109
Just do me one favor. If you guys decide to play Overlord, please don't use the guys game picks for us to vote on. I don't want to end up playing Ice house with the girls when none of us has asked for it, but got stuck voting on it (you get my drift and no, that wasn't a nasty shot at Ice House. It was the first name that came to my mind.)
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 166
I wouldnt do that to you Bobbie. I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but I'm pretty sure I can handle coming up with a lineup everyone likes (with or without Overlord).
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 58
I would not be one of those interested parties, but I'm happy to play solitaire and watch you guys play if that's the game of choice by everyone else.

Nominations
=========
Niagara
Citadels
Bang (filler)
Hex-Hex (filler)
Alhambra biggrin
Carcasonne (any variety, I have a few more now)

Solitaire is definitely unnecessary, Laurie. I second all of these nominations (except Bang!). I also vote for Amazonas and Louis XIV, as I'd like to give both another go.

However, I think that you and Bobbie and I would have a fun time with Filthy Rich.

Also, Ice House was intriguing to me, Doug. I think I could have a thing for the pieces. wink

April
Kevin
kwojtasz
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 42
Louie XIV
TV Wars (4 player)

Looks like another 2-player WoTR pre-game will be going, so you can count me for Game 2 and 3.

At some point I'd be willing to run a 4 player WoTR teaching game if there was interest. It would probably run 3-4 hours.
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 8
Just so everyone knows: I am available for and willing to play any military strategy game. On the scheduled gaming nights, as well as on other nights. If it comes to voting, I always vote for those. As for non-military games I will play whatever would be best for the group, I have pretty much enjoyed them all equally (except I am kind of starting to doubt Arkham's ability to actually be a challenge). So I am not going to vote or throw up nominations, because it just seems like it might skew things. So if you see me RSVP'd and there is a military strategy game up you can assume I want to play that, otherwise I am fine with whatever the group wants.
Ben
hakthir
Portland, OR
Post #: 11
I am been trying to figure out what I want to nominate for several days now, and looking at the large number of people that have rsvp'd only made my choices harder. I decided to just bite the bullet and make a choice so, I have come up with the following list:

Caribbean
Werewolf
Bohnanza
Pirate's Cove

I could go on naming stuff for a while but I will use a bit of self-control and just put up 4.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 167
Ok Folks, I'ma gonna cut off the nominations at this point as we already have 19 different games nominated. Since there are going to be so many of us, I'd like each person to make only TWO votes for their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices. The nominations are (in chronological order):

Niagara
Citadels
Bang!
Hex Hex
Alhambra
Amazonas
Pirates Cove
Filthy Rich
Shadows Over Camelot
San Marcos
Louis XIV
San Juan
For Sale
Villa Paletti
Tikal
Evo
Icehouse (Zendo, Ice Towers, Icehouse)
TV Wars
Carribean
Werewolf
Bohnanza

I left the Ovberlord Mission off for 2 reasons:
1) Don would prolly have a fit if we did one without him.
2) Since Kevin and Scott are going to play WOTR, It'd be hard to fit it into a time slot.

Since there are going to be so many of us, its quite possible that we could have 3 games going on at one time. Also, I think it might be nice to play a round or 2 of Werewolf so any new people have a chance to interract with everyone else.

Please try and get those votes in as early as possible. I'm gonna cut off voting during the afternoon on Tuesday so I can get a lineup set up by Tuesday evening so everyone knows what they should bring.

My Votes:

1st Preference
===========
1) Icehouse
2) Werewolf

2nd Preference
===========
1) Tikal
2) Bang!

3rd Preference
===========
1) Evo