addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › August 10th Games

August 10th Games

bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 121
1st
----------
Shadows Over Camelot (I really liked that game)

2nd
-------------
Dungeoneer

and at risk of a writ of habius corpus, I am putting two down for third because I think they are both quick

3rd
--------------
Who Stole Ed's Pants
Scallywags

But as usual, I'll play anything.

Doug,
Gloom lives in the card bag, so just remember to take it. I don't have the expansion yet - maybe that should be my next Thought Hammer order.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 188

Doug,
Gloom lives in the card bag, so just remember to take it. I don't have the expansion yet - maybe that should be my next Thought Hammer order.

Thanks Bobbie. I think its right up her ally. And believe it or not, with all the games I have, I dont really have many good 2-player ones. TTR and Too Many Cooks are about the best I have for 2 (that she will play anyways). And while we have found a number of icehouse games we enjoy playing (She loves to stomp me at Blockade), I'm looking to broaden our choices some. I may hit someone up for their copy of Alhambra at a future date also. Considering everybody but me owns a copy, I dont believe that will be too difficult. biggrin
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 163
1st
----------
Shadows Over Camelot (I really liked that game)

2nd
-------------
Dungeoneer

and at risk of a writ of habius corpus, I am putting two down for third because I think they are both quick

3rd
--------------
Who Stole Ed's Pants
Scallywags

Bobbie feel free to put 3 games for each of the three preferences. Remember these aren't the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd games they are just preferences. So if you have three games from the nominations that you dying to play put them all in the 1st pref. Then fill the 2nd and 3rd with six other games you would like to play but aren't your top picks. Hope this makes sense.
A former member
Post #: 15
My votes

1st
----
TTR
Bohnanza
Caribbean

2nd
----
Pirates Cove
Bang
Saboteur

3rd
----
Amun Re
Filthy Rich
Tikal

Franks Zoo for a filler

Doug if you arrive early and have your ice house pieces I'd be willing to play another round of Ice Towers and I think Gena might play too. Also I would love to take a look at the Gloom cards before you take them home... I heard a audio review last about it and it sounded like fun.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 190
I'll certainly bring mah icehouse pieces, Ben. I seem to be missing a small purple piece tho. I'm guessing a cat got ahold of it and its prolly under my couch. I played 4 games of Ice Towers last night (4 player) and I actually WON one of the rounds! Come to think of it, we played 4 rounds and each of the 4 players won once. but to top it off, I then WON the game of Bohnanza we played (by one gold coin) :) It was the 1st time I had gamed with my other group of (mostly) non-gamer friends in a couple months. A good time was had by all.
A former member
Post #: 81
1st pref
-----------------
Tikal (gee, think Doug wants to play this one??)
Villa Paletti
Tower of Babel

2nd pref
-----------------
Amun Re
Who Stole Ed's Pants
Shadows over Camelot

3rd pref
-----------------
Saboteur
Caribbean
Hispaniola
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 122
1st
Dungeoneer
Shadows Over Camelot
Who Stole Ed's Pants

2nd
Shadows Over Camelot
Scallywags
Dungeoneer

3rd
Plunder
Scallywags
Who Stole Ed's Pantsdevilish
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 65
Wow, nice list this week. Lots of goodies to choose from. Nice to see a good mix of old favs and new goodness.

Dungeoneer: Vault of the Fiends -- 4 player
Tikal
RoboRally -- 4 player
Shadows over Camelot
Puerto Rico w/ Expansion
Saint Petersburg
Scallywags
Who Stole Ed's Pants
Hispanola
Amun Re
Filthy Rich
Citadels
Tower of Babel
Villa Paletti
Around the World in 80 Days
TTR
Bohnanza
Saboteur
Caribbean
Pirates Cove
Bang

1st
Dungeoneer
Amun Re

2nd
Tikal
Filthy Rich

3rd
Caribbean
Citadels

Filler
Saboteur
Who Stole Ed's Pants
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 39

I may hit someone up for their copy of Alhambra at a future date also. Considering everybody but me owns a copy, I dont believe that will be too difficult. biggrin

Doug, you are always welcome to borrow my copy whenever you need it. I can even bring it with me on Thursday. Maybe we can trade Ice House pieces for Alhambra for a week?

-Laurie
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 195

I may hit someone up for their copy of Alhambra at a future date also. Considering everybody but me owns a copy, I dont believe that will be too difficult. biggrin

Doug, you are always welcome to borrow my copy whenever you need it. I can even bring it with me on Thursday. Maybe we can trade Ice House pieces for Alhambra for a week?

-Laurie

That sounds like a deal, but not this week. I believe I am gaming with the other group on Sunday, and they really liked Ice Towers. You can certainly borrow them the next time I'm not gaming with them tho. To keep you bizzy in the meantime, check out the S.L.I.C.K. list. Its a list of over 100 games using Icehouse pieces. Not all of the links work anymore but the majority do.

S.L.I.C.K. list

**edit**
Make sure you check out Volcano, its one of the best solitair games I have come across.