The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › August 24th Games

August 24th Games

A former member
Post #: 90
Woo Hoo!!!

Now don't everybody vote for Mexica at once!!! wink

I almost sprayed diet coke all over my monitor when I read this....

Seriously, we either need to all stop buying games right now or meet three times a week to play. When a game as good as Mexica isn't in the top nine games (!) I'm voting for, drastic measures are required.
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 73
Seriously, we either need to all stop buying games right now or meet three times a week to play.

I already tried to get you all to stop buying games long ago... but then provided some shopping tips! Fat lot of help I was. And I've bought two games in the last week and have been heavily cruising for the third, fourth and fifth.

As for meeting three times a week? I'm all for it! I do like it when we can squeeze in a 2nd 'special' session in a week, because I'm free Tues, Wed & Thurs and can usually make it. I've been wanting to suggest sessions for Settlers and Talisman, since those games don't seem to generate a lot of interest regularly because there's soooo much new stuff. I would love to do Arkham Horror again and heck, I'd even play War of the Ring!
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 51
Woo Hoo!!!

Now don't everybody vote for Mexica at once!!! wink

I almost sprayed diet coke all over my monitor when I read this....

Seriously, we either need to all stop buying games right now or meet three times a week to play. When a game as good as Mexica isn't in the top nine games (!) I'm voting for, drastic measures are required.

Mexica - $24.67, Doug's comment priceless
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 179
Ok here's the lineup, sorry for getting it up so late. Game 1 and 2 worked out pretty well. Game 3 is where things get a bit sketchy. I volunteered Doug to teach a game but there weren't many votes for either of the games so I'm not sure about the interest level. So if you're not sure where you're going to fit in for the third game take a look at BGG and see if you'd be interested in either Evo or Zendo. Bobbie, could you bring "through the desert" and be prepared to teach it in case there's more intrest in that one over evo or zendo. The other thing is that I didn't want to plan a 4th game (even though I know werewolf is short) because I wanted to see how many people will be around and up for game at around 10:30 - 11pm.

Of course any comments/suggestions you have for the lineup are welcome.

See everyone tomorrow,

Don

Game 1a (we may have to substitue Atlantic Star or Royal Turf if there is 12 people)
-------
Tower of Babel - 3-5 players - 90 min - 4 - [Don, Scott, April], Doug
Scott teaches

Game 2a
-------
Elfenland - 2-6 players - 60 min - 6 - [Ruth], (Don, Doug), Scott, Bobbie, Joel
Don teaches

Filler - Frank's Zoo - 2 - [Ben], (Ruth), Bobbie

Game 2
------
Really really really big game of Werewolf (Sorry Nick, they're hungry and it's a full moon, I'm sure the feeding won't take long)

Game 3a
-------
Amun Re - 3-5 players - 90 min - 5 - [Don, Doug, Scott, Joel], (April)
Scott teaches

Game 3b
-------
gloom - 2-4 players - 30 min - 5 - [Bobbie, Ben], (April, Ruth), Joel
Don teaches

Game 3c (I needed a third game to cover all the people and since my Scott cloning experiment has failed)
-------
Evo - 3-5 players - 120 min (??) - 3 - (Doug, Ruth), Don
or
Zendo - 3-5 players - 60 min - 3 - [Doug, Scott], (Ben)
Doug Teaches

Late game (If there's time and enough interest I'd be happy to run a late game)
--------------
Carcassone - (Bobbie), Don, Ben
Don Teaches

Games to Bring
-------------------

Don
-----
Carcassonne

Doug
-------
Evo
Ice Houes

Bobbie
---------
Through the Desert
Gloom

Scott
-------
Tower of Babel
Elfenland
Werewolf
Amun Re
Royal Turf or Atlantic star (1st game sub or late game)

Joel
-----
Frank's Zoo
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 213
OMG! You are gonna make me choose between Amun Re, Evo and Zendo!?!?!?

**breaks down into a hysterical fit of crying**

I shall do my best to grow a new me by tomorrow night. I'm thinking budding is the answer. I already have this huge pimple on my nose..........
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 180
OMG! You are gonna make me choose between Amun Re, Evo and Zendo!?!?!?

**breaks down into a hysterical fit of crying**

Sorry Doug crying

Choose wisely grass hoppa. And remember, always kill a chicken before killing a monkey.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 138
Would that be so you don't eat the monkey?
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 215
In all actuality, if Scott is teaching Amun Re, then Zendo is pretty much out as it was him and Ben that wanted to play. If nobody is interested in Evo (I have little, plastic dinosaurs now!), I feel confident that I could teach Royal Turf. I have read a few reviews and will see if I can find some rules online. It doesnt appear to be a tough game. I'll also bring Too Many Cooks (everyone likes that one). We'll come up with something. Dont worry.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW­WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! erm, I mean... uh... later...
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 181
In all actuality, if Scott is teaching Amun Re, then Zendo is pretty much out as it was him and Ben that wanted to play. If nobody is interested in Evo (I have little, plastic dinosaurs now!), I feel confident that I could teach Royal Turf. I have read a few reviews and will see if I can find some rules online. It doesnt appear to be a tough game. I'll also bring Too Many Cooks (everyone likes that one). We'll come up with something. Dont worry.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW­WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! erm, I mean... uh... later...

Yeah, I was kind of out of options and was hoping that a few of the people that didn't get a cahnce to vote would be interested in either evo or zendo. That's also why I asked Bobbie to bring through the desert and we'll see if people are interested in that and if she's willing to teach that would free you up to Amun Re. However this would mean that Bobbie misses out on Gloom again crying. Ah well, I'm sure we'll think of something. Cooks would be good and if you're up to royal turf that would be cool too.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 182
Would that be so you don't eat the monkey?

No idea, just got it off of a Chinese proverb site. biggrin And I have a wierd sense of humor.