The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Gaming stores

Gaming stores

A former member
Post #: 1
So today I drove out to Sage's Quest to do some shopping, and found that they seem to have gone out of business. After a bit of googling to try to find an alternate source for my gaming fix, I found you folks.

Is there a gaming store in the Buffalo area with a decent selection? I was specifically heading over to pick up Arkham Horror, but was hoping to do some browsing and see if there were other fun things I needed.

...and of course I find you folks just as school's about to start again and I'm going to have no free time after combining it with a full time job. Used to play a lot of strategy and wargames back in the 80s, but fell out of the hobby. I've always been interested in getting back into it, but never had friends who were interested. Maybe I'll scrape together enough free time to come visit one of your meetings some time.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 221
Too bad ya missed us, Jason. Maybe you'll be able to sneak out one of these weeks anyways. As to your question. I do most of my shopping online usually from Thoughthammer, but if you are looking to buy locally I'd say your best bet is Jester's Cap Games. They are located at 3571 Walden Ave. in Lancaster. They have a fairly decent selection of boardgames. As a matter of fact, I think they bought Sage's Quest stock when they went out of business. I don't remember if they have Arkham Horror or not, but they would be willing to order it for you.

Isaac likes another one that is located in North Tonawanda. Its like Complete Sports and Games or something. I drove by it once and they were closed, so I have never been inside. Maybe he could clue you in on their boardgame stock.

Best of luck with your hunt, bud. And try to make it out to see us if you can.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 187
Jason,

Don't know where you're located but there is a place (Christmas stuff and Games, odd combo) in the Niagara outlet mall. They had only a few interesting items mixed in with standard toy store fair and I'm not sure if they would order for you but if you're around there you may want to check it out. I think I remember Ben finding another store up there somewhere as well.

Hope you can make it out some week.

Don
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks for the pointer to Jester's Cap. Drove out there today, and it's a nice place. Didn't have Arkham Horror, but he said he was planning on getting it in soon. Good selection, clean shop, friendly. Definitely a place to go back to.
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 11
Jester's Cap is rude, I refer to the whole store because every time I have been in there the very atmosphere gave me the feeling I was unwanted. I would buy off the internet before them. Complete Sport's and Games doesn't have the stock Jester's Cap has in, especially not in the boardgame section. The owner can order whatever you want, though, and is a good guy. The address is 73 Main St Tonowanda. He's open most days between noon and six, but has been closed the last two weekends, because he went to conventions. He's also very versatile in what he stocks, if he sells more board games he'll stock more board games. He mostly has Avalon Hill stuff in right now.

Isaac