addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › September GOTM vote

September GOTM vote

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 202
Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. I know some people aren't too crazy about the voting method, but it really won't take all that long and it will give us a better chance to get games to the table that the majority of us are interested in. If it doesn't help in the end we'll just try something else. I'm not sure if Scott's method is going to work the best but it sounds at very least fair and with any luck will give us good results. Isaac, you may be right about 8 games being to many to rank but we'll see once the votes are in and go from there. I'd like to take the first step and see where the votes fall so I'm asking everyone to send me 5 unique game votes via email. I'll post the results and then well see what makes sense. None of these votes should be for new games so please search your memory for 5 of your favorites and send them off. Yes this whole thing still may implode but it couldn't hurt to collect the votes.

Thanks again to everyone for all teh good feedback that was posted on this subject.
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 84
For a memory refresher, you may want to see the list of games I've played since March. Of course, it's not ALL the games our group has played, but a fair number of them. Hope that helps if you have trouble making a choice.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 238
By email, Bobbie. He wants your votes by email.....
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 205
Bobbie, don't worry, I've got your votes.

Don
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 164
does goes someone have a problem with others seeing what they voted for? I don't. Like I said before, you've taken what should have been a short, sweet five minute total process and turned it into a job. For my money, its exactly the same as the other vote. We shouldn't even bother.

Men, please remember the shortest distance between two points is a straight line .....
Kevin
kwojtasz
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 54
i think their point was for an unbiased list from everyone. since if they were all posted, some might just post what others listed instead of thinking about what games they want to play again.

undoubtably we will find out what the votes were once they are all collected. i don't think anyone cares if anyone knows what they voted for. Don just didn't want the vote tainted per se.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 206
i think their point was for an unbiased list from everyone. since if they were all posted, some might just post what others listed instead of thinking about what games they want to play again.

undoubtably we will find out what the votes were once they are all collected. i don't think anyone cares if anyone knows what they voted for. Don just didn't want the vote tainted per se.

Exactly! smile
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 165
I would like to oblige and lug 5 games I may not need to comply with your request, but my list that was here appears to have disappeared. Since I can't get into my email from work, I posted it here so I would have it handy because nothing gets posted early enough for me the night before. I don't even remember what I put on the list.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 210
I would like to oblige and lug 5 games I may not need to comply with your request, but my list that was here appears to have disappeared. Since I can't get into my email from work, I posted it here so I would have it handy because nothing gets posted early enough for me the night before. I don't even remember what I put on the list.

Bobbie, there's no need to bring all of the games you voted for. I just wanted to bring out a few GOTM games that have received the most votes so far just to have someting to fill in the last game slot. So you only need to bring the games listed on the "games to bring" list on the lineup post and Niagara which was my mistake.

In case you were wondering these were your votes.

Ticket to Ride USA
Ticket to Ride Europe
Pirates Cove
Attika
Monopoly

Thanks, see you tonight.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 215
Alright everyone. I'm officially closing the 1st GOTM vote and here are the results. Honestly I was pretty surprised at some of the top selections, but hey you never know. There was a ton of 2 vote games as you can see from the list, but a few emerged as 3 and 4 vote winners. So from here Scott suggested we take the top 8 games and rank them. I like the idea, but the 8th position is one of the numerous 2 vote games. I'm thinking there's no possible way to break the 9-way 2 vote tie so I'm just going to take the top 7 and we'll go from there. I'll put them in the weekly voting thread and you can post your rankings there.

Thanks to everyone that voted this month.

Attika - 4
citadels - 4
elfenland - 4
Louie XIV - 3
Ticket To Ride - 3
Tikal - 3
Tower of Babel - 3
Alhambra - 2
Amun Re - 2
Around the World in 80 Days - 2
Carcasonne (any variation) - 2
Dungeoneer - 2