addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › September 14th Games

September 14th Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 211
For everyone familiar with game selection process you can just skip ahead go right onto nominating your open games for this week. Please limit yourself to TWO games again because if all goes well we'll be playing the GOTM games next Wednesday.

For all the new people out there let me just give a brief summary of how we setup of the games week to week. Basically for the first half of the week people post game nominations. These could be games that they own and would like to bring ot the group or these could be games that other members in the group own that they really want to play. THey don't have to be new games but a lot of the time they end up being games that the group hasn't payed yet. In case you're wondering what games people own look for the "game collections" thread. The second half of the week I collect all the different nominations and then we ask people to vote on games nominated. The way the voting works is that you choose three games that would be your top choices and list them as your 1st preference to play this week. Then do the same for your second and third preferences. The idea behind this is that we not only find out what you're really interested in playing, but also find out other games that you're willing to play even though they're not your top picks. Then I'll take all those votes and put together a loose schedule of games for the night based upon how many people RSVPed. In case you ever wondering what any of these games are you can find descriptions and reviews for almost any game under the sun at www.boardgamegeek.com. And if you have any questions don't hesistate to drop me an email. Just go into the members list and click on the little mail icon next to my name.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 167
Ingenious (4) I can teach
Fearsome Floors
cool
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 86
Attika (4) - I can teach
Princes of Florence
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 212
Nautilus - I can teach
Fist of Dragonstones
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 168
Don, you got Fist of Dragonstones? How is it? HAve you tried it online yet? Inquiring minds want to know...shock
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 213
Don, you got Fist of Dragonstones? How is it? HAve you tried it online yet? Inquiring minds want to know...shock

Actually it's Doug's. He's mentioned it to me a couple of times and I think he even nominated it a while back but it got lost in the shuffle. I've always wanted to see how it plays. Hopefully we'll get it to the table.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 245
Uh, I dont have fist of Dragonstones. Maybe Scott does?

I'd really like to play it tho. biggrin
A former member
Post #: 107
Uh, I dont have fist of Dragonstones. Maybe Scott does?
Not me. I say we all vote for it and make Don buy it! :-D
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 246
I am going to refrain from nominating this week as Scott and I (and Ben if he ever answers my email) are going to play an early session of Arkham Horror. It will run thru at least the 1st set of games and probably into the second set of games as well. If we are doing the GotM games in the last slot, I dont wanna nominate games if I wont be playing any new ones this week.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 169
sniff, sniff -- you are playing Arkham without me ?!?!?crying