addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › September 21st Games

September 21st Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 222
You know what time it is. Time to get some nominations for open games for this week. As usual please limit yourself to 2 game nominations max because the GOTM games will be taking up the 3rd slot. Also Scott may not be there this week so please refrain from nominating any of his games.

Alright, Get to it.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 178
I think Summer Camp Deserves another look and we never did get to Fearsome Floors last night. I also was interested in Attika but didn't get a chance to play, so I'm going for that next week...

Um, if Scott may not be there, is there another copy of Tower of Babel somewhere (Game of the Month).
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 223
All you babblers out there can rest easy. Scott graciously loaned me his copy so we're all set for next Wed.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 259
Hrm... Lessee... With Scott out there go most of our best games... wink

I'll make a coupla suggestions from my own collection:

1) Monsters Menace America

2) Roborally -- Again sticking with 4 people, 3 flags, 1 board.
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 24
Might be a good night to go with a long game, if there aren't going to be a lot of people, or a lot of game options. In that respect I would like to say any of the long game options that aren't Arkham Horror are my choice. I have Talisman, which I am sure will will go over better than Spacefarer's. But, if it's not a game you like, can drag like munchkin (though turns are generally quicker, because you don't spend half your turn reading your cards).
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 260
I wouldnt mind playing Talisman. I have fond memories of it from back in high school. I can also offer up a longer game...

Updated Nominations:

1) Roborally -- Still 4 players, 3 flags, 1 board

2) Quest For The Dragonlords -- Have yet to play it, but it supposedly takes 2 hours to play. From having read the rules, I can see that.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 224
I have Talisman, which I am sure will will go over better than Spacefarer's.

Don't be hatin' on the falic symbols. tongue
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 225
The long game may not be a bad idea this week. I've also been looking through Bobbie's game collection and remembered one that I wanted to play and that never made it to the table.

1. Skallywaggs - I'll happily read the rules and teach

If I think of another one I'll post it later.
A former member
Post #: 115
Also Scott may not be there this week so please refrain from nominating any of his games.

That's not a problem. I can drop them off with someone on Tuesday if there's something people really want.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 264
Oh Oh!!! New updated nominations since Joe is comming!

1) RoboRally -- 4 players, 3 flags, 1 board

2) Traumfabrik -- I have been wanting to try this game since Scott turned me on to it.

And now a question for Scott:

Uuh...What game are you playing that includes a Domo Kun???