addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › September 21st Games

September 21st Games

A former member
Post #: 116
Uuh...What game are you playing that includes a Domo Kun???
ROFL!! I think you should design one. The only requirement is that the game system must somehow include a rabbit and a television set.
Lana
puddlediving
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 2
I looked through your game collections, and I am impressed. I only have a few games myself.

Some games I'd like to nominate, since I've never played them and they look cool (or I've just heard they're cool):

Bohnanza and Carcassonne

I've seen an online version of Carcassonne, but I like to learn a game RL before I play online.

Curse you, Bobbie for talking about Ticket to Ride online! Its becoming an obsession! ;-)
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 98
If we're doing longer games, then I'm all for Talisman and have the 3rd edition plus several expansions. Power Grid is also an option, as it's rated at 2 hours. I've only played Power Grid once, online at BSW. I'd have to read the rules and try to get in another online game to feel comfortable teaching. As I recall, it wasn't that difficult though.

If not longer options, then:

Summer Camp (this was a hoot!)
Princes of Florence (though I can wait for another time if Scott's not coming)
Ingenious (thought this looked cool)
Cities and Knights

(I'd like for Don to teach me Cities and Knights. Don, I chatted with Lana about this, and we think that you, Isaac and the two of us could play C&K some night, even if not on a regular night.)

Ok, ok, so that was 4 games but 2 were probably just fantasy.
A former member
Post #: 35
My nominations are

Bang! with Dodge city - can not teach
Through the Desert - can not teach
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 268
Don must have been bizzy this weekend so I'm gonna get the votes rolling for this weeks games. All nominations seem to be in anyways. As usual, select 3 games for your 1st preference, 3 for your second preference, and 3 for your third preference. (Note to April: No April, you can't vote for Bang! all 9 times. I know you want to, but that doesnt help Don much) wink

The Nominations (in Alphabetical order)
===========================
Bang! w/ Dodge City
Bohnanza
Carcassonne
Fearsome Floors
Ingenious
Roborally
Skallywaggs
Summer Camp
Talisman
Through the Desert
Traumfabrik

Now get out there and Vote! Vote! Vote!
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 269
My Votes:

1st Pref
======
1) Traumfabrik
2) Skallywaggs
3) Bang!

2nd Pref
======
1) Summer Camp (You guys sounded like you were having a lot of fun last week)
2) Talisman
3) Roborally

3rd Pref
======
1) Bohnanza
2) Carcassonne
3) Fearsome Floors
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 184
1st choice
---------------
Skallywaggs (Don can teach ;-p )
Summer Camp
Through the Desert (I can teach)

2nd choice
---------------
Bohnanza
Carcassonne
Fearsome Floors (I can teach)

3rd choice
--------------
Ingenious (I can teach)
Talisman
Traumfabrik
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 226
Thanks Doug, I was planning on doing it when I got to work but I had six calls waiting in voice mail for me. Damn I miss the summer.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 227
April, I second the idea for a Cities and Knights night. I just placed my order for replacement settlers cards from mayfair and once they're in we'll setup a game (playing with my old nasty ones would make it a little to easy to pluck the new resources with the robber). In the meantime we should also setup a BSW powergrid night which I'd definitely be interested in. Then if we liked that one we can try to work it in on a Wednesday or setup another special night for that one as well.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 228
Doug, Joe is going to be joining us for the third game at 9:30pm after his class. I'll ask him if he'll be up to bringing and teaching Traumfabrik and let you know

OK here are my votes. If Joe's willing to bring Traumfabrik I may be adding that in.

1st Pref
------------
Roborally
Skallywaggs
Talisman

2nd Pref
------------
Summer Camp
Bang!
Carcassonne

3rd Pref
-----------