The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › November 23rd Games

November 23rd Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,899
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

Slot 1
New England x2! - Rodney - 2 seats available - (Rodney, Doug, Joe, Mark, Don, Jenna)
Game of Thrones - Ryan - Filled - (Ryan, Isaac, AndrewL+1, Paul, Jeff)
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,900
Its not Thanksgiving without New England, Rodney. You coming?
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,632
Yes, I can run that in slot one. 3-4 players 90 min.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,901
Nice! In addition I will once again be begging for a party game or two that I can take with me over to my wife's cousin's place on Thanksgiving Day. Restrictions are: the games have to play at least 8 and must be fairly simple. Word games seem to go over well, games that require a lot of charades do not. Team games are fine, trivia games are kind of a mixed bag. Some games that have gone over well in the past are Apples to Apples, Snorta, and Catchphrase. Some games that have not are Wits and Wagers, Time's Up, and some face game thing Rodney let me borrow. Anyways, I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me out here.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 737
I think I will be getting a copy of Game of Thrones 2nd Edition this week so I am thinking of maybe running that next wednesday.

Im sorry I couldnt be there last night for DS so that Issac and I could have taken each other out of the game.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,633
Nice! In addition I will once again be begging for a party game or two that I can take with me over to my wife's cousin's place on Thanksgiving Day. Restrictions are: the games have to play at least 8 and must be fairly simple. Word games seem to go over well, games that require a lot of charades do not. Team games are fine, trivia games are kind of a mixed bag. Some games that have gone over well in the past are Apples to Apples, Snorta, and Catchphrase. Some games that have not are Wits and Wagers, Time's Up, and some face game thing Rodney let me borrow. Anyways, I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me out here.

I can't remember everything you've tried and what worked and what didn't, but your more than willing to borrow something from me if you let me know what you want.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 739
I did get the new Game of Thrones, its basically the same game but they just streamlined it and the first expansion together to improve the game. I would be happy to run that if there are interested parties, I know it might be a sparse week with the holiday. Alternatively I could run a Rosenberg game as Andrew mentioned.
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 36
Im bringing a friend, my buddy that got me into euros and is visiting the area for the holiday. If theres room I'd sign us up on Monday for Game of Thrones since its one I've been itching to try. But I just assumed we would show up and take any left over spots or start something else if there wasn't.
Jeff
user 26500762
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 12
I'm interested in Game of Thrones. So we have at least 4.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 740
I'm interested in Game of Thrones. So we have at least 4.

Then I will officially Run Game of Thrones 2e
3-6 Players
3-4 Hours