The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › November 30th Games

November 30th Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,907
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

Slot 1 - (Isaac)
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,908
Sorry for the delay, busy weekend.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 621
What happened with your family gaming session?
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,909
There were 8 players in total. The evening started off pretty slow with two games that didn't go over well: "5 second rule" and "last words" (or something like that). Both had been purchased by the hosts at target or walmart and had never been played. They are pretty typical party fair, with last words being so dismal that we stopped playing about 1/4 the way thru. After that we played a couple rounds of Rodney's "Whats yours like", and as I predicted, it went over really well. The evening was topped off with 3 or 4 rounds of Catchphrase which is always a good time with that crowd.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 622
I played Last Word once. It was pretty bad. I'll have to look into What's Yours Like.
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,064
We introduced Scott's cousin and his family to King of Tokyo, Skull & Roses and Ziegen Kriegen (the goat game), all of which they enjoyed. They in turn forced me to play 3 or 4 rounds of Uno Flash. I think I managed to be semi-polite about it, anyway. Maybe next time I'll try more typical party games.
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 622
I would like to sign up for slot 1
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,717
. They in turn forced me to play 3 or 4 rounds of Uno Flash. I think I managed to be semi-polite about it, anyway.

I was looking at the games available for tablets. Either the Nook or Kindle listed Uno as a strategy game. tongue

(I wanted to buy a reader with good games. It looks like all the cool ones are for Ipad which is a lot more than I want to pay. So it looks like for the time being, I'm sticking with paper books are cardboard games.)
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,641
Besides Dominion Hinterlands I'll also have Panic Station with me. This game is just dripping with theme and sounds like it would be a blast. If I can find at least 4 other players that are interested I wouldn't mind giving this a go sometime on Wednesday.

Panic Station is a paranoia-driven partly cooperative game in which you control two characters in the Extermination Corps sent out by the government to investigate the presence of fiendish alien life forms.

Players need to move both their Androids and Troopers through the base, exploring and gathering equipment that will help them to complete their mission: to find and destroy the Parasite Hive hidden somewhere in the inner depths of this hell. When a player manages to get his Trooper into the Hive location and play three gas can cards to fuel his Flamethrower, he wins the game for the humans.

However, one of the players is a Host. He must keep this identity secret, infecting as many team members as possible to gain allies and prevent the humans from completing their mission. Only players who carefully watch the behavior of team members and find a good balance between cooperation and paranoia will stand a chance against the infected players and roaming parasites.

The game uses a unique exponential traitor-system and combines tactical play with a compelling psychological mindgame amongst players.

Panic Station is a game of growing paranoia in which no one can truly trust anyone. Can you maintain your sanity and destroy the source of this evil?

Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 288
I'll sign up for Panic Station.