addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › December 14th Games

December 14th Games

Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 752
Sorry Issac didnt mean to step on your toes, it seems we were typing simultaneously I didnt see your post, thanks Rodney.

Two games of that weight are probably ambitious for me anyway as I should probably just go home and go to bed, Gwen's starting to get up at 5:30am sad
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 294
Andrew L had requested Space Alert previously. If possible, I'd like to hold the last slot for him (if he wants it).

If Andrew's not coming, or isn't interested, we'll be happy to have another explorer help us save our ship!
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,069
Yay, because I really want to play Inca Empire, but not this week.
Paul
paulguy
Rochester, NY
Post #: 38
Belfort please.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,400
Ug, missed Space Alert. I'll be there and looking for something a little shorter than Belfort if anyone needs a game.
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 48
Thanks Andy but I'll be out of town in Pittsburgh for the last half of this week. Here's hoping it goes over well and you feel like running it again soon.

So ill relinquish my seat to Don.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 295
Thanks for the reply Andrew. I think I'm going to be on a Chvatil kick for awhile and could easily see Space Alert coming back around (I'm also hoping to get Galaxy Trucker and Mage Knight to the table in the near future).

Welcome aboard Don! I hope you know what type of destruction you're getting yourself into!
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 753

Paul your monkey avatar is the best one since that guy who had the one with the creepy eyes.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 296
For the Space Alert fans out there, I was looking to see what people have to say about the expansion. This review makes it look like it is a lot of fun (and hard!)

http://www.boardgameg...­

A few of the things they add sound really neat:

Carriers - sounds like you need to use the interceptors to have a chance to kill these (little ships that we never used that you need a battlebot to help you pilot (from the upper red area).

Phasing ships - they're only around to attack on alternate turns

Jumps - allow threats to change which trajectory they're coming in on

All Trajectory Threats - Large enemies that can be hit from all trajectories (I'm really excited to see what abilities they have to make up for being able to hit them with more damage)

Threats that Call Other Threats - These sound awesomely awful! Apparently you only know that they will call another threat, but you won't know which one specifically. Good luck with planning correctly for those!

Specializations - instead of the one yellow "hero card", you get a character that specializes in one type of role. There are three different levels, so as you level up your character, you get better at what you do.

If anyone is looking to play more Space Alert in the next month, I'd be excited to try pulling out the expansion!

Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 49
How did Space Alert go over? Plenty of glorious failures?