addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › SBW Tikal Game

SBW Tikal Game

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,925
I started a Tikal game on spielbyweb if anyone is interested.

Game info:
MeetupTikal
password: password
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 59
Joined!
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,926
Still have room for one more.
Jeff
user 26500762
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 16
I'm in.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,927
And they're off!
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,942
Final Scores:

1) Doug 122
2) Jenna 105
3) AndrewL 89
4) Jeff 84

Was a good game. I managed to score as much as I did by avoiding as much conflict as possible. I kinda stayed to the outside of the board while the other 3 punched each other in the face. Tile draws were fairly even this time around with nobody getting screwed too badly. Other than Jeff having a hard time getting to treasures early, I think everyone had some good opportunities to score points.

If anyone wants to play again, let me know. I'll start up another game.
A former member
Post #: 68
What type of game were you playing Doug?. What is Tikal?
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,945
Its an action-point system where players send expeditions to uncover the ancient temples and treasures of Tikal. Its part of the Kramer/Kiesling "Mask Trilogy" of games - the other 2 being Mexica and Java. On the complexity scale it falls between Mexica and Java. Its not a hard game to learn rules-wise, but it does take a game or two to wrap your head around the strategies that'll help you be a better player.