The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › January 11th Games

January 11th Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,939
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

Slot 1
Flashpoint - Don - 3 seats available - (Don, Rodney, Andy)
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,405
Anyone want to try out Flashpoint? I've tried the basic game but would like to give the advanced rules a spin.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,940
The entire time I was playing that game I had this running thru my head:

Firestarter

...yeah
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,671
Anyone want to try out Flashpoint? I've tried the basic game but would like to give the advanced rules a spin.

I'd be up for another go at Flashpoint now that I know all the details of the advanced rules :)
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,406

Firestarter

...yeah

You do know that the goal of that game was to put out the fires, right?
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 457

Firestarter

...yeah

There is a theory that setting another fire will put out both fires, so Doug's idea of burn it all could work.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,941

Oooooohhh... Maybe that's what I was doing wrong...
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,684
I managed to get through 2 of the 4 set of instructions for Ora & Labora. (setup & general rules)

Honestly though I don't believe its going to be as difficult as I had originally thought. The different sets of instructions make it look more intimidating than it really is.

On the surface it appears almost as simple as Le Havre (as far as a mechanical standpoint goes). It appears that you only have the same three options each turn. One of those options is to place a worker on a card and carry out the action associated with that card. The depth and choices appear to increase as more cards are revealed as the game progresses.

I'm only making assumptions here, having not yet played the game nor having read all the detailed rules, but it seems to share many similarities with Le Havre. I guess what I'm saying is that if you like Le Havre you'll probably enjoy this one as well.

Off to dig into the more detailed rule book :)
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,685
I got through the detailed rules for Ora & Labora so I'll have that with me on Wednesday. I'll also bring along Coney Island, Casa Grande, Sumeria, Undermining, Flash Point, Pantheon, & Pastiche. I can run any of those depending on interest and how many show up.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 302
Rodney,

Do you think a game of Ora et Labora could be run after Flashpoint? I'd like to jump into some fire fighting, but would be all for trying Ora et Labora afterwards (mine hasn't shipped yet due to waiting for a restock for a game Denise wants...)