addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Board Game Convention in Niagara Falls Canada?

Board Game Convention in Niagara Falls Canada?

Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 965
Eclipse is the "new hotness". It'll see a lot of play.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 771
So who is going? I will be there starting Friday most of the weekend.
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,089
Can't make it this year :(
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,957
I will not be going. And no, Ryan, you may not borrow my zombie deck building game...

Jerk.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 772
I will not be going. And no, Ryan, you may not borrow my zombie deck building game...

Jerk.

lol
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,712
So who ended up going? Watcha guys play? Anything new different good or bad?
A former member
Post #: 69
Rodney,, if you mean NBW I went. I played Tactics II ( the first AH game made ),, 1812, A few Acres of Snow , Porte Rico, Wings of War, Deluxe Bitter Woods, Stone Age, Friedrich ,,.and few others. It was fun you should come down next year. Its gamer's Paradise biggrin
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 774
I had a fun weekend!

On Friday I played: Quebec, Trajan and Runewars

On Saturday I played: Eclipse and Age of Empires + Builder Expansion

Quebec: Much better game than I expected, quick turns, very euro but a lot of fun things to explore, reminded me of a similar feel to Hansa Teutonica,

Trajan: Another Solid Feld title, I am not blown away by it and I think like burgen because of the downtime its better with 2 or 3 but I enjoyed it, after struggling a bit with figuring it out.

Runewars: I forced Rob to play this kickin and screaming, and his enjoyment was not helped by me screwing up a city rule which I have been playing wrong for a game and a half. You only get one of the benefits of the cities! (Paul this screwed you too ;) So we abandoned it halfway through

Saturday was a much better day.

Eclipse is as good as everyone says it is. It has all of the fun of Twilight Imperium concentrated into 3-4 hours instead of 10-12. It has strategy but the outcome is a lot decided by dice combat, but the dice combat is really fun! I say this getting creamed by being unable to roll a 6 after 50 consecutive tries, but I still had a great time with the full experience of the game. I am looking forward to playing this again and owning it, but I can wait a few months for the reprint, Mark said he would pay the outrageous price they are asking for it now so we can play it again :)

AoE is still a great game. So glad to get this to the table again. The expansion is fine but doesnt change too much, getting a new set of buildings is nice but the play experience is pretty much the same it certainly doesnt justify what they are asking for it, though I will probably at some point grudgingly shell out for it.

Saturday certainly rescued a mixed day on Friday for a funfilled two days

Sunday I played the game called "Adult: Doing crappy boring things to fufill your obligations and responsibilities" I hate that game, but fortunately I also got to play the game "Dad" which is much more fun. (most of the time)
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,714
Wow, Eclipse is really that good huh? I see it's already ranked 8th on the geek and it looks like it'll be #1 before long. I'm kinda sorry I didn't get it when I had the chance.

Did you just play with the new buildings with the AOE expansion or did you add the other goodies as well?
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,090
If anyone desperately wants Eclipse now, has it in stock for $100. It's only $5 shipping even to the US, but you'll get hit with the taxes too.