The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › February 15th Games

February 15th Games

Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 793
Quebec is a good game, I enjoyed my play of it as well.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 324
I think we misunderstood the use of the red leader card in Quebec. I say this because nobody took the card the entire game and it seemed pretty useless. I interpret the rule for the red leader cards as follows.....

Whenever a building is completed (no matter who owns the building) the owner of the red card is allowed to send all his workers to one colored zone of his choice.

This makes the card more powerful and much more enticing imo.

One reason I try staying away from playing games I don't own is because in most cases I end up liking the game enough to purchase it. This will be the case with this game as well :)

Ah, that makes the Red Leader sound better than what I had in my head that it did.

I'm a little surprised that the Yellow Leader doesn't allow you to immediately place the pawn. I get the impression that there are instances where the Yellow Leader can really be abused, but outside of those times, it's really weak.

There was one thing I saw this morning that I didn't understand correctly, but I don't think it ever came up in our game (though I did try to force it and failed).

-For the end-round condition having to do with being out of cubes, you have to be out of cubes at the beginning of your turn, not immediately once you get rid of all of your cubes. I may have been the only one that didn't have this correct in their mind...

I mainly looked the game up to find out what the theme was supposed to be, since (like Hansa Teutonica, Merkator, and even Macao), I felt the game was fine with no clue of what the theme was supposed to be.