addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › February 22nd Games

February 22nd Games

Bob T.
user 2281115
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 120

Grinning ear-to-ear! That's what happens when I play a good game!

What's this, like 2 years ago?
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 656

Yeah. Why?

Andy, I'm almost at the point where I can play CitOW again.
A former member
Post #: 73
> Though admittedly blowing stuff up while in space is quite fun. <

I've blown up stuff while spaced out,, does that count.

As I remember I won that game ( the very few that I do ) sitting next to Mike. He must have been happy for me ,,,,,,, NOT!!! biggrin

Bob T.
user 2281115
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 121

Yeah. Why?

Just wondering when the next one might come around, like an aligning of the planets or something... ;)
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,738
I'm assuming some people haven't signed up and were going to need another game? Andy are you coming? If so I'd be interested in giving Core Worlds a try. If not I can offer up something in the hour to two hour range for those looking for something shorter to play.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 326
I'd like to do Core Worlds, and I'd also really like to pull out Defenders of the Realm.

I'll try it this way, and see if we can make it work:

Slot 1

Defenders of the Realm

1-4 Players

90-120 minutes

Slot 2

Core Worlds

2-4 Players (it can possibly go up to 5 if necessary, though not recommended for first time players)

60-90 minutes
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 310

Hey Mike, How is that game?

Mike - "It's fun. I hate fun."
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 311
Mike - have you gotten a chance to try the Horned Rat expansion for CitOW yet? I've been hoping to give it a try at some point.

I have played it. I need to try it again as I was the Skaven and I ran away with the game. I suspect that the people I was playing against were all worried about each other and the known powers of the opposing factions and did not quite see the Skaven's victory path as clearly.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 657
Mike - have you gotten a chance to try the Horned Rat expansion for CitOW yet? I've been hoping to give it a try at some point.

I have played it. I need to try it again as I was the Skaven and I ran away with the game. I suspect that the people I was playing against were all worried about each other and the known powers of the opposing factions and did not quite see the Skaven's victory path as clearly.

CitOW rewards repeated play.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 658
Here's anther great shot of my smile! Very photogenic!