The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Stores for accessories (e.g. dice/bags)

Stores for accessories (e.g. dice/bags)

Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 330
I've realized that in my time living in the area I think I've only set foot in one comic/game/card store (a little place in North Tonawanda not far from me).

I was interested in looking around at different d6 sets for Merchant of Venus, and it occurs to me that I don't know where to go.

Any suggestions on shops in the area that carry accessories (dice, dice bags, and the like)?

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,975
I've only been to 2 local game stores: Iron Crown and Jester's Cap. From what I remember of Jester's Cap, they tend to cater mostly to Magic and Warhammer players, but they did have a small boardgaming section. You might find what you are looking for there, I suppose.

I'll never step foot into Iron Crown again because the one and only time I went to the store the employee (owner?) went off on a diatribe about how I was responsible for the death of game stores because I mentioned I had placed some online game orders. After being berated for the better part of a minute I just turned around and left. Pretty sure he was still yelling as I walked out the door...
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 660
JC caters to CCG/RPG/Warhammer people. Pretty much everyone but us. They have a gaming area, but there's no board gaming night. Which I probably wouldn't go to anyway, because it's way out in Lancaster. smile

IC is really small and is usually filled with the local kids playing CCG's and video games. I bought a game in there after the owner gave me Grant's email, which is what led me to this group.

Neither have much in the way of dice. I remember when I was a lad, game shops had whole display cases full of every kind of die you could want. They could get away with charging retail and not having a gaming area because there wasn't an internet. The worm has turned. You can't just sit in your dingy store and pray for the 80's to happen again.
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,103
There's a comic book store on Union, that I can't remember the name of right now, that carries dice. That's where we got our sets when we started playing D&D again.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 661
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,104
Yup, that's it.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 331
Cool, sounds like I live in the wrong part of the city. I'll have to make my way down to that area to look around. Many thanks for the suggestions!
Bob T.
user 2281115
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 122
Andy, you may have to trek out to Rochester. Millenium carries dice; lose singles, polyhedral sets, and d6 sets from Chessex. There are a couple other stores that might be worth trying as well - Boldo's Armory and a newer place I don't remember the name of.

I recently ordered a pile of dice direct form Chessex. Their "ordering system," such as it is, is a tad dated but otherwise fast & friendly.

Iron Crown? Yeah, I haven't been there in maybe 10 years. Kinda surprised they're still open... Doug, you didn't happen to mention "Oh yeah, and your store sucks," did ya?
Midge
Midge-TW
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 29
Does George & Co. still carry dice? I know their website has only costume stuff on their website, but they had other stuff when I phoned them. (They're in Eastern Hills now.)
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 13
I just placed a Amazon order for dice (jewerly) bags and was shocked how inexpensive they were. I'll let you know how they are when I get them.

Dozen Bright Color Canvas Drawstring Bags ($10.00)
http://www.amazon.com...­

6 Pouches Black Velvet Drawstring Jewelry Bags 5": ($5.50)

I didn't order this item but may, just to see how they are:
48 Organza Drawstring Pouches Gift Bags Assorted Colors 4x5" ($7??)