The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › March 7th Games

March 7th Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,983
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

Slot 1
Eclipse - Andy - Filled - (Andy, Paul, Rodney, Jeff)
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 334
I'd like to run:

Slot 1

Eclipse

Up to 4 Players

2-3 hours

For now, I'd like to keep the game to 4 total players, in case anyone who hasn't played it before wants to give it a try and signs up.

Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 315
Great game, but I think four is the sweet spot. Over four and I think it unbalances too much.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 667
Unbalances? How many games of Eclipse have you played?
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 317
It isn't really balanced to begin with. A better term might be that it ends up as a longer game than it should be.
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 85
Clearly the only way to settle this disagreement is in-game Eclipse. 1v1. Winner take all.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 335
Clearly the only way to settle this disagreement is in-game Eclipse. 1v1. Winner take all.

(Barely staying on topic -->) this phrase conjured up images of boardgaming becoming like Magic of the Mid '90s where it was common to play for ante and the winner gets a/some card(s) of the loser. Based on current selling prices, "winner gets the copy of Eclipse" would beat out those Magic games where a Mox or Lotus flipped as the ante (using values at the time).

In case it needs to be said, I am NOT offering up my copy for any sort of equivalent "winner takes all" scenario.

With that said, I am happy to help host grudge matches (bonus points if Mark and Don are in the game together!)

Here ends the random rambling...
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,985
Here ends the random rambling...

Welcome to the message board, Andy! You are obviously new here, so I'd like to say we hope you enjoy your stay.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 336
What's this "message board" like?
Paul
paulguy
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 52
Eclipse please.