addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,750
I noticed that a FAQ has been released for Takenoko. Here are a few interesting points of interest for those that have played or own the game.

The two actions are chosen sequentially. This means that if a player chooses to draw a new objective card, he can look at it before deciding what his second action will be.

After drawing three plots from the draw pile, the player places one in the playing area and puts the other two face down UNDER the draw pile in the order of his choice.

In order for plot objective cards to be fulfilled, all the appropriate plot tiles must be irrigated.

Improvement tiles can only be added to plot tiles that do not carry bamboo.

Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 339
Thanks for the heads-up Rodney.

Our game may have changed quite a bit due to the need of all the tiles having to be irrigated to get the blue cards. Without that, it had a bit of a "luck of the draw" feel to it, since we generally were only one turn from fulfilling any blue card we drew.

The placing unselected tiles under the deck makes sense as well.

Your update is appreciated!
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,986
I like all those changes. I never understood why the rules stated that you put both tiles on TOP of the pile in the order of your choosing. The next player is going to draw the tiles regardless of order. I also like that the tiles now have to be irrigated to qualify for the objective cards. In the two games I've played, very few tiles were ever irrigated. This will change that quite a bit.