addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › March 14th Games

March 14th Games

Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 670
This week is at UB, right?
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 343

Yep, UB (assuming that one guy doesn't move from commenting on us playing in a "Quiet Area" to complaining about it to the powers that be).
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 671

Yep, UB (assuming that one guy doesn't move from commenting on us playing in a "Quiet Area" to complaining about it to the powers that be).

Did he seem upset? I don't understand why those eggheads can't just close their doors if they're going to be there past 7...
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,989
Oh whatever. Its a damn hallway, not a library. I could just as easily post "LOUD AREA" signs over the quiet area signs that are there and it would have just as much meaning. In that guy's defense, we were right outside his door while waiting for the tables to open up, but yeah, if the hallway is too loud, shut your door.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 344
Oh whatever. Its a damn hallway, not a library. I could just as easily post "LOUD AREA" signs over the quiet area signs that are there and it would have just as much meaning. In that guy's defense, we were right outside his door while waiting for the tables to open up, but yeah, if the hallway is too loud, shut your door.

Yeah, to be fair to him, he was probably about as respectful and nice as one can be expected to be when delivering his message. He got a bit snippier later about trying to get work done, but our proximity to his office gives at least some justification for it. I'll choose to assume that he was a big Davy Jones fan and all our talk about him may have made him feel bad.

I did take his message as being a "comment" to us, which I'm fine with. If it were to escalate to "complaint" I would re-evaluate my feelings.

Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 650
I would love to try Rex, High Frontier, or Urban Sprawl, in that order of preference.
Michael
user 11606040
Lewiston, NY
Post #: 23
wait, it's not at D'youville on this day? I haven't been around in awhile so I don't know what things have happened...in case it is going to be at UB.

Thanks.
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 651
It alternates, this Wednesday is UB.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 814
Welcome back Issac.

I have got a crazy week coming up with report cards coming up so after further thought I am not going to commit to running anything this week. Hopefully I can get those games I mentioned to the table soon, possibly rex or high frontier next week...
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 815

Then again if Suszka is coming I might have to drag myself out.

About Bios: Megafauna, I am definitely intrigued, I dont know if I am intrigued enough to drop fifty bucks on it or not. I figure I will play High Frontier first and see what I think. I know Origins was a game I was happy to play once, but dont know how much or if I ever would want to play again, I am worried, High Frontier and Megafauna might be the same way.