The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › April 18th Games

April 18th Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,002
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

Slot 1
Urban Sprawl - Ryan - 1 seat available - (Ryan, Kyle)
Village - Rodney - 1 seat available - (Rodney, Paul, Joe)
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 826
I am oddly fascinated by Urban Sprawl and would like to run it again, I know there were a couple of other people interested in it as well. But I am positive that it would be much less fun with 4 so I am going to limit it to 3 people.

Urban Sprawl
3 people
3-4 Hours
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,775
I'd like to offer up Village for slot one. 2-4 players 60-90 min.

This is a worker placement game with a unique twist. Over time your workers age and eventually die. There is even a graveyard complete with tombstones on the board for deceased workers. Your goal is to earn points by being as productive as possible during your workers lifetime. It sounds like a game filled with interesting decisions and mechanisms that should be well.... interesting <g>.

I'll also have with me both Power Grid first sparks and Last Will for anyone still interested in trying those or for those that might want to give them another go.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,737
Big News- I bought a new game tub.
Shelia
user 2496019
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 250

That's great! What was wrong with the old one? This one bigger? On wheels??
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,738

That's great! What was wrong with the old one? This one bigger? On wheels??

The old one is fine. I bought a smaller one after carrying one game in my big one on Wednesday. (Which was pretty stupid.) This one is the perfect size for two games and a couple of fillers.
Paul
paulguy
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 56
village please.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,739
Village please, thank you.
Shelia
user 2496019
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 251
Village please
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 105
Bah, if it's not one thing it's another...I have a commitment at the other end of the timeframe this week, I'm only able to stay until probably 9:30 or 9:45. So as much as I'd still really like to check out Urban Sprawl, I can't really commit and I suppose I'm looking for a somewhat shorter game this week.