Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,434
Manila
Alchemist
Likewise

The vendor room at UBcon was pretty good this year. I got the first two half-off.

Buffalo games had a stand as well, Likewise was $15. I almost bought a copy of Ruin as well. It's kinda the Indiana Jones version of Amazing Labyrinth.
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 960
Kevin picked up Industrial Waste from the vendor room.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 976
Bombay
Secrets of the Sea
Small World
Zooloretto Exotic
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,501
I can contribute to this thread again! I broke down and made some purchases. Some new, some old, some clearance.

Dice Town - I've been needing a good dice game, and this one seems like it'll be a lot of fun. I like the Wild West theme, and the poker dice mechanics are different than any other game in my collection. I think it'll go over great with some of my non-gamer friends also.

Lupusburg - A 3-8 player version of Werewolf where everyone plays 2 characters and there is no moderator (not in the traditional sense, anyways). Figured that would go over well with a lot of the Werewolf players here. We don't get to play that very often.

Cleopatra and the Society of Architects - On sale for $25. I played it once a long time ago and thought it was a pretty decent (if over-produced) game.

Archaeology: The Card Game - I'm a big fan of card games and Z-Man, so this looks like a safe bet. Its a set collection game with some trading and a push your luck component. Plays in like 20 minutes, so I think it'll be a great filler.

R-ECO - Another quick filler card game that I played once a loooong time ago with Jenna. I remember liking it a lot, and I don't have any other garbage-themed games.

Jamaica - Played this a couple months back and had a great time. I needed another racing game, and I think this'll go over really well with some of my non-gaming friends.

Cheeky Monkey - Another filler game I played a while ago with Jenna. Both Ruth and I enjoyed it, and it'll play well with my niece who is coming to visit this summer. Its pretty much a straight up push your luck game with a few strategic choices sprinkled in.

Small World - Re-themed Vinci. I have never played Vinci, but after reading the rules to this game it sounds like something I would enjoy. That and I just love Days of Wonder's production values.

Oh and I also picked up Rum and Pirates at the 50% off table in the vendor room during UB Con. I don't know much about it, but I hear its like a carnival....or something.
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 541
My copy of 2038 arrived over the weekend. Joel was hinting at putting it on the table on Saturday at BACSIM, so I've been reading the rules.
A former member
Post #: 418

• Equations - Yet another uber-geeky math game. Now, if I can just find someone to play them with confused
  • Secrets of the Pyramids - Another Ravensburger kids game
  • Trivial Pursuit - LoTR Movie Trilogy Edition. While not a Trivial Pursuit fan, I and a bunch of my geeky friends are LoTR buffs. I envision playing this in the van on the long drive to Origins or WBC. High quality pewter pawns, a Dark Rider and a knock off of the One Ring. This would be sooooo much better [and way geekier] if it was based on the books.

Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 984
FITS
Excape
Container
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,447
Chicago Express