addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 729
Tanga had Duel in the Dark with the 9 expansions for $26.95, so I picked that up.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,596
I can contribute to this thread again!

I picked up a few games recently via trade:

I traded Conquest of the Empire for a shrink wrapped copy of Colosseum. I love Colosseum and I've been meaning to pick it up for quite a while now. Conquest of the Empire is a decent game, but in the 3 or so years I've had it, its gotten played once. Hopefully it'll go to a home when it'll get to the table more.

I traded some Heroscape figures for a shrink wrapped copy of Shadows Over Camelot.

I traded that god awful Bridge Troll game for Taluva. I dunno much about Taluva but a) I didn't have any tile laying games, and b) Its not Bridge Troll so it has to be an improvement.

I also picked up a few new games from Boards and Bits. Don't tell my wife. smile

Mystery Express - I've been wanting a good deduction game, and I'm just not a fan of Mystery of the Abbey. Plus I like the theme a lot better.

Cornucopia - Its a card game about food (well sorta). Of course I had to get it.

Around the World in 80 Days - Been meaning to reacquire this one for quite some time. Surprisingly hard to find in trade, so I just went ahead and purchased it.

I think these are the 1st games I've purchased in almost a year...
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,226
The Mole in the Hole
Mystery Express
Pinguïn Party
Hotel Samoa
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,229
Age of Steam: 1890 Berlin
Nuns with the Runs biggrin
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,602
Age of Steam: 1890 Berlin
Nuns with the Runs biggrin

Somebody let Rodney into the Dealer Room unattended.... tongue
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,230
Actually I picked those two up from Board & Bits. And believe it or not I didn't buy a thing from the dealer room.

How did your game of Mystery Express play out? Did you guys play anything else?
A former member
Post #: 11
I can contribute to this thread again!

I picked up a few games recently via trade:

I traded Conquest of the Empire for a shrink wrapped copy of Colosseum. I love Colosseum and I've been meaning to pick it up for quite a while now. Conquest of the Empire is a decent game, but in the 3 or so years I've had it, its gotten played once. Hopefully it'll go to a home when it'll get to the table more.

I traded some Heroscape figures for a shrink wrapped copy of Shadows Over Camelot.

I traded that god awful Bridge Troll game for Taluva. I dunno much about Taluva but a) I didn't have any tile laying games, and b) Its not Bridge Troll so it has to be an improvement.

I also picked up a few new games from Boards and Bits. Don't tell my wife. smile

Mystery Express - I've been wanting a good deduction game, and I'm just not a fan of Mystery of the Abbey. Plus I like the theme a lot better.

Cornucopia - Its a card game about food (well sorta). Of course I had to get it.

Around the World in 80 Days - Been meaning to reacquire this one for quite some time. Surprisingly hard to find in trade, so I just went ahead and purchased it.

I think these are the 1st games I've purchased in almost a year...

Doug

The problem with this is,,, you trade or sell a game you hardly play and then everyone starts playing it again.

A former member
Post #: 12
I got to play four games yesterday ( UB Con ). I played AH "Gettysburg 88" ,, "Age of Steam", AH "We the People" and "Santa Fe Rails".

I got killed in all except maybe Gettysburg where the ending was still up in the air because we quit with 4 more moves to go. I was killed in "Age of Steam". It was more of a Rules refresher course for me. I have no reason for losing "We the People" against Frank M. except he is a good player and for "Santa Fe Rails" rule,,,,,,, is never go swimming in the Shark Tank.
biggrin
Bob T.
user 2281115
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 30
A couple old GDW Europa games - Torch and Near East. Now I can combine them with Western Desert and get a map about 9 feet long biggrin. More Europa - a used copy of For Whom the Bell Tolls. Unlike the Metallica tune, this one is about the Spanish Civil War. Finally, a cheap, punched copy of Unhappy King Charles.

Happy happy!

Edit - finally finally, I threw Baldo a bone and picked up a copy of Tsuro at UBCon the other day.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,232
Ipad smile

I couldn't resist, I had to get one. This thing is unreal. I can't put it down.