addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,574
Ipad smile

I couldn't resist, I had to get one. This thing is unreal. I can't put it down.

If you feel comfortable bringing it to a Wednesday night meetup, I'd love to play a game on it.

Can you play Small World (or the other games) solo? (you vs. the computer)
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,233
I haven't even gotten to the part of playing games yet. I'm still playing with and learning the basics. I'll bring it along on Wednesdays for anyone that wants to play with it and check it out.
Bob T.
user 2281115
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 31
Air Strike and Air Superiority, used, picked up cheap from another local gamer. Phantom Leader, from Millenium Games, our FLGS in Rochester. I like to throw some business their way when I'm out there and PL has gotten some good buzz.

Looks like I got a little air game thing going at the moment. I blame Mike, at least for some of it.
A former member
Post #: 17
picked up cheap ?

Bob you paid the same amount they sold for 30 years ago.
Bob T.
user 2281115
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 32
yep!
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,611
In the latest math trade I traded off my copy Flaschenteufel (a game I played once and found it to be way too....cumbersome to be fun) for Thunderstone. Thunderstone is essentially Dominion meets a dungeon crawler. Very excited to try it out.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,237
Tower of Mystery
Keltis Das Orakel
Le Havre: Le Grand Hameau
The Climbers
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 748
I played Thunderstone once. It was ok, but I wasn't overly blown away.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,613
I played Thunderstone once. It was ok, but I wasn't overly blown away.

Well its gotta be better than Flaschenteufel....
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,618
In the Tax Extension math trade I traded off Cutthroat Caverns for Panzer General: Allied Assault. Cutthroat Caverns was an OK game, but it never saw any playtime. I think I played it twice since I bought it years ago. Panzer General looks like a winner because not only is it a quick tactical wargame (45-60mins), it can also be played solo.

I also traded off some Heroscape stuff for Fields of Fire. Talk about dense rules. I've played about 2 and a half turns of one mission. That took about 2 hours. Stack on the 6 or so hours of reading the rules and FAQs before even starting the game and you can get a sense that its not a game for the faint of heart. I really like what I've played so far, I just don't know that I have the time for it.......