The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Game Request Thread

Game Request Thread

Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 483
Tigris & Euphrates

This is only tangential, but was I the only person that didn't know you could play T&E on BGG? They recently had an announcement it'll be shut down (early June maybe???) I had no clue it was even on BGG.

If anyone used to play it there and wants to again, (or wants to try it before it's gone), you don't have much time left.

To get to it in BGG, hover over MISC and select Tigris (or click here).
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,807
Back in the day, it had a more prominent place at the site. BGG has kind of hidden it for the last 5-6 years (at least). I forgot it was on there until I heard the announcement they were shutting it down.

You could play a couple of other games as well. (I think it was Kingdoms and Roads and Boats.)

I think we actually set up some games there through the meet-up site but that was a long time ago.

Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 223
To update my ongoing list of 5 classic games I have yet to play once

1. Ra
2. El Grande
3. Urban Sprawl
4. Arkham Horror (Just once...to get a frame of reference for when this game is brought up in discussions)
5. London
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,054
Il Vecchio
Eminent Domain
Tammany Hall
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 292
Add me to the list wanting to play Eminent Domain. It keeps slipping from my radar!
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,810
I'm all for a T&E, El Grande, Tammany Hall night.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 925
Just picked up ra Andrew and looking forward to playing it again soon. And no you don't actually have to play Arkham Horror. For me that was maybe my worst gaming experience ever. Granted we were playing with eight players and the person running the game didn't really know what they were doing... But still never again... Never again...
Johnpatrick
user 7540224
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 143
Just picked up ra Andrew and looking forward to playing it again soon. And no you don't actually have to play Arkham Horror. For me that was maybe my worst gaming experience ever. Granted we were playing with eight players and the person running the game didn't really know what they were doing... But still never again... Never again...

If you think Arkham Horror is bad, try Mansions of Madness!

Hoping someone will run Keyflower in the near future.
Paul
paulguy
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 80
Ripping off Andrew's post, with my modifications:

My current list of 5 games I have yet to play once

1. The Castles of Burgundy
2. El Grande
3. Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar
4. Terra Mystica
5. London
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,057
I have Keyflower I just haven't had a chance to read the rules to that one yet.