addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Game Request Thread

Game Request Thread

Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,303
Wow that is awesome guys!!! So if we could plan some of those for August that would be so great!! Just so they are not at the same time so I can learn them all!! Thanks!! (and Joe have you played Dragon parade before or did you think it just looked neat? I thought it looked really fun so I hope it is!) Also if you guys do run them let me know if I do need to bring my copy or if you have one!

Don't worry about it Shelia, we'll take care of you.

I never played it. I just got it, in a math trade, because I liked the dragon meeple.
James K.
jameskrolak
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 743
Did you guys ever play Dragon Parade? What did you think of it? I played it at Geekway to the West in 2007 and won it as part of a "Play It and Win It" auction. I disliked the game so much, though, that I asked them to draw someone else to win it. (and I was the winner in the one game we played, so it wasn't losing that made it unenjoyable)
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,370
Did you guys ever play Dragon Parade? What did you think of it? I played it at Geekway to the West in 2007 and won it as part of a "Play It and Win It" auction. I disliked the game so much, though, that I asked them to draw someone else to win it. (and I was the winner in the one game we played, so it wasn't losing that made it unenjoyable)

We played it. I thought it was OK.

This is kinda funny. I saw your comment on the Geek right after I traded for it. The night we played it, I told everyone at the table, "I don't know how good this one is going to be, James gave it away for free." smile
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 455
Ya, normally he at least charges 99 cents for a game.
James K.
jameskrolak
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 832
Plus shipping!

Seriously, I thought the mechanic was odd and made for some awfully short rounds. It seemed boring, too.

I wouldn't be surprised, Joe, to find out that the copy you traded for was the actual one I played in 2007. The guys I played with didn't care for the game much, but were all willing to have another game to throw into a Math Trade.
Shelia
user 2496019
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 171
I would like to request Arkham Horror. I was told when playing with only 4 people it would only take a little over an hour. I have the game but the rulebook it huge and I would love to be able to learn it from someone and then be able to play it on my own. Thx =)
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 271
I would like to play the following games, all of which I have, but not sure how to explain well enough to play:

Antiquity
Indonesia
Tribune
Age of Empire
Chicago Express

Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 361
Id be happy to run either age of empires or chicago express whenever, you coming this week? though AoE just ran, I think there is an unwritten rule about no replays until 12 months have passed, id be willing to break it smile
Rob_Canada
user 3762369
St Catharines, ON
Post #: 293
I'd be happy to run any of those games. i have them all and understand them well enough to teach (though not to win).
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 273
Yes, I plan on coming October 14, 2009, Chicago Express then Indonesia the next UB meetup.

Joe said he was interested in Puerto Rico that would be a great option.