The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Descent 2e campaign

Descent 2e campaign

Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 63
I'd like to run an ongoing Descent 2e campaign on our UB Wednesday sessions, either with the same group of players or with whoever wants to play that evening. With enough interest, and assuming the game doesn't suck, I will run successive campaigns so everyone interested gets a chance to play. The one campaign included in 2e consists of 9 quests and each quest is composed of 1-3 encounters. From what I've read, encounters can take anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes.

The main game arrives Monday or Tuesday with the Conversion Kit, allowing all characters and monsters from previous editions to be used, is suppose to arrive in a week or two. Since I have Descent 1e and all of the 1e expansions, all painted, I'm going to to wait until I the Conversion Kit arrives and I finish painting the 2e minis so we can play with a ll of the monsters and player characters. I'm a very fast painter so I should be done with the 2e painting by next week.

Post here if you're interested in playing in this ongoing campaign, either every session or individual ones if we have more than 4 interested. I'm saving a spot for Jeff, assuming he's still interested in playing through the campaign.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,847
I ordered this game not knowing much about it. I've haven't played any RPGs nor have I ever tried the original Descent. I too am still waiting for my copy to arrive. I've heard nothing but good things about this game and the positive experiences people have had. I'm clueless and have no idea what your talking about when you mention encounters and campaigns. One of the reasons I steered clear of the original was because of the length. This version sounds much more approachable for me. Hopefully I'll be able to get through the rule book before you begin so I have a better understanding of what I'm in for. Honestly though I have no idea if this is something I'm going to enjoy enough to want to play multiple times. Time will tell :)
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 692
Would love to play.
Johnpatrick
user 7540224
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 46
I would definitely like to be part of the regular Wednesday campaign! Starting Aug 1?
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 66
I would definitely like to be part of the regular Wednesday campaign! Starting Aug 1?

Yes! See the August 1st session post. I have you as one of the players. :)
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,849
A 20 hour campaign sounds intimidating. Can we please start with the introductory scenario so I can see what I'm in for :)
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 68
A 20 hour campaign sounds intimidating. Can we please start with the introductory scenario so I can see what I'm in for :)

I believe the conversion kit won't arrive (at my place) until after this Weds so we'll not only play the intro scenario (which starts the campaign) but we'll also just use our first session as a chance to get familiar with the rules and see if we like the game before starting the official campaign. The Conversion Kit allow us to choose from all my 48 extra characters from 1e and my extra ~50 monsters from 1e.

Weds will be for learning and evaluating. :)
Doug B.
user 51011612
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1
I'll check it out tomorrow. I just read about it online and it sounds interesting.
Johnpatrick
user 7540224
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 47
Someone on the Geek posted a very helpful spreadsheet!

This should help us choose our characters without anyone needing to drag in excess minis. I'm leaning towards Bogran the Shadow at the moment for sneaky DPS (DPR?).
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 74
My Conversion Kit came in. I'll bring it to BACSIM tomorrow if you want to look at them, but only the cards.