addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Games on Sale

Games on Sale

Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 673
Barnes & Noble on NFB has 50% off on some games including Rheinlander, I'm the Boss, (and other Face to Face games) Niagara, two Front Porch Classics, Superman Monopoly, Dungeons & Dragons basic starter set, Irish Rhyming Game, and a bunch of children's stuff.

We have a B&N membership, so I got Rheinlander (there's only 2 more copies now), I'm the Boss and the Irish Rhyming game (Storm wanted that one) for 60% off.

Supposedly, you don't have to have your membership card with you (plead forgetfulness), you can just give them your phone number. I have no problem if someone wants to use mine for the extra 10%, just email me for details.

Asked the clerk whether the games would be discounted again next week and she said she thought they would go to 75% off in a few weeks but would mostly be gone by then anyway.

Thanks for the update.

How much was Rheinlander with the discount?

I'd check it out myself, but the way it's snowing down here that might not be until Spring.laughing
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 534
Thanks for the update.

How much was Rheinlander with the discount?

I'd check it out myself, but the way it's snowing down here that might not be until Spring.laughing

With the discount, Rheinlander was $22.47 and I'm the Boss was $15.72, before tax. Not bad, considering ThoughtHammer prices are $32.50 and $22.75 respectively.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 165
Tanga has Wildlife for only 14.99.

I got this one for Christmas, but I've yet to try it.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 691
Tanga Tonight, Tongiaki tonight for $7. (I thought this one was pretty good, I'm going to buy it.)
NickAnner
NickAnner
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 93
Tanga Tonight, 500pc poker chips set $20 + $9 shipping. I bought 2 in case anyone is interested in splitting shipping.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 710
Word on the Geek is that the Barnes and Noble clearance table is now 75%. El Cheapo will investigate on the way to the coffee shop tomorrow and report.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 712
Lots of Niagara at Barnes and Noble, 75% off. I bought some poker chips for $6 (I have no idea why, I have plenty of these things already) and a nice copy of Liar's Dice (Dudo) for $8.

Other than that, it's Trivia Pursuit, some kind of Cranium game and loads of Suduko.
A former member
Post #: 148
I bot a copy of Niagara... at 75% off it came to $12.50 before tax.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 714

A little bird told me you got the last copy of I'm the Boss. Curses, foiled again! laughing
A former member
Post #: 149

A little bird told me you got the last copy of I'm the Boss. Curses, foiled again! laughing

Yes. and that was only $8.70 before tax... Sorry Joe.
Bobbie and April also have the game and apparently nobody has ever played it.
It's rated pretty highly on the geek. Maybe we shud get a game going.?.?

I also bought a copy of Dinosaurs Extinct ? for a mere $5 which was also the last copy. My 5 year old talked me into it.
Surprisingly enough, that has a BGG rating of 7.5 (with only one person rating it).
It's very similar to Candyland which I know is a screaming hit here at the meetup.
Now don't camp out in front of my house or anything. I don't want to be forced to beat you guys away with a stick. Just let me know when you want to play and I'll bring it in. laughing